Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... Should I go party without my fiancee?

Default So... Should I go party without my fiancee?

Alright so on OCt 29 there is this big party promoted by a local beer company. It's called Circotic and there are gonna be tons of freak shows and stuff.... now Two of my friends are gonna go (my bet friend and a mutual friend) and well I want to go but I don't want to leave my fiancee alone... thing is she doesn't want to come something about it being a huge freak show (live performances while the party i going on) is something she doesn't like. She'll be uncomfortable... now she's telling me it's ok if I leave her all alone... I"m like seriously? No.... I don't feel right going alone..... So yeah.... @_@ What should I do?

crazykittensmile

If you really want to go then I think you should go. As great as it is for you and your fiance to spend time together, it's also important that you spend time doing things you enjoy without each other. There is no reason why, if she is happy to stay at home, you can't go with your friends. If you fiance is happy for you to go, and you can have a good time without her, then there isn't anything stopping you from going, apart from your own feelings. Your fiance might even enjoy some time to herself. The only reason not to go is if you know you won't be able to have a good time for thinking about her. If you don't like the idea of leaving her home alone maybe try and persuade her to invite a couple of her friends over and have a nice girly night without you or something.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    If you really want to go then I think you should go. As great as it is for you and your fiance to spend time together, it's also important that you spend time doing things you enjoy without each other. There is no reason why, if she is happy to stay at home, you can't go with your friends. If you fiance is happy for you to go, and you can have a good time without her, then there isn't anything stopping you from going, apart from your own feelings. Your fiance might even enjoy some time to herself. The only reason not to go is if you know you won't be able to have a good time for thinking about her. If you don't like the idea of leaving her home alone maybe try and persuade her to invite a couple of her friends over and have a nice girly night without you or something.
    See our relationship is unique....she moved to be with me so I feel responsible or her... we are together a lot nd she doesnt have girly friends and I feel guilty leaving her alone...and I just would not enjoy myself withouth her ya know?....

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    See our relationship is unique....she moved to be with me so I feel responsible or her... we are together a lot nd she doesnt have girly friends and I feel guilty leaving her alone...and I just would not enjoy myself withouth her ya know?....
    Well if you really wouldn't enjoy yourself without her I think you have your answer. There's no point going unless you're going to have a good time, if you'd spend the whole time at the party wishing you were with your fiance or worrying about her being home alone don't go, it won't be worth it. But, if you do decide not to go remember your fiance said you could, so don't make her feel guilty all night be acting like you'd rather be there or anything - think up something fun the two of you can do together so you don't even have time to think about the party.

Just because someone has moved in with you, that doesn't mean you're suddenly responsible for them. I mean Charlie moved in with me, that doesn't mean I was suddenly looking after him like he was a little baby... oh wait

Why don't you both do something together before or after the party, or both, and then she doesn't go to something that support live freak shows, but you still get to go out with your friends.

Remember: all relationships need time outside of them! Everyone needs to keep their own friends outside of the relationship

Well if you really wouldn't enjoy yourself without her I think you have your answer. There's no point going unless you're going to have a good time, if you'd spend the whole time at the party wishing you were with your fiance or worrying about her being home alone don't go, it won't be worth it. But, if you do decide not to go remember your fiance said you could, so don't make her feel guilty all night be acting like you'd rather be there or anything - think up something fun the two of you can do together so you don't even have time to think about the party.
    Yeah.... I just don't see myself having fun without her.... See I'm not the type of person to go to parties and when I did go to them I was always looking for women... XD So yeah I just don't feel right going alone.... I've done it before once and that whole time I was like... *sniff* XD

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Just because someone has moved in with you, that doesn't mean you're suddenly responsible for them. I mean Charlie moved in with me, that doesn't mean I was suddenly looking after him like he was a little baby... oh wait

Why don't you both do something together before or after the party, or both, and then she doesn't go to something that support live freak shows, but you still get to go out with your friends.

Remember: all relationships need time outside of them! Everyone needs to keep their own friends outside of the relationship
    She hasn't moved in with me... She just lives near me.... but yeah leaving her alone is something I don't like doing since we don't have time together often... rather the time we have together that is often is usually just filled with day to day life stuff... the party could be something we could have had fun together or something.... Iunno something not the norm not monotonous.... But we are having another party on the 30th at my house and she's super excited for that one... and She knows that I feel bad going alone..... so Idunno... I'm still on the fence about this.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    leaving her alone is something I don't like doing since we don't have time together often... rather the time we have together that is often is usually just filled with day to day life stuff... the party could be something we could have had fun together or something.... Iunno something not the norm not monotonous....
    Well, if you don't go maybe suggest that you still do something special that night, outside of the things you usually do. That way even if you're not going to the party you're still doing something or going somewhere you've not done/been before. I bet if you have a think there are lots of things the two of you would like to do in your town/city but have never made the time to do them, maybe this night could be the time to do it.

Go out with her the night before the party

OR

Spend the day of the party with her, doing something that she wants to do. Then go to the party that night.

Well, if you don't go maybe suggest that you still do something special that night, outside of the things you usually do. That way even if you're not going to the party you're still doing something or going somewhere you've not done/been before. I bet if you have a think there are lots of things the two of you would like to do in your town/city but have never made the time to do them, maybe this night could be the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Go out with her the night before the party

OR

Spend the day of the party with her, doing something that she wants to do. Then go to the party that night.
    These are both good ideas... I'll talk to her and see why exactly she doesn't want to go and then I'll see what we can do and what not. ^^ Thanks for the advice it helps.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Update: The main reason She doesn't want to go is because she thinks freakshows are exploitation of the people..... That's pretty much it.... @_@ Which kind of sucks she's ok with me going..... but she doesn't want any part of it.

AndrewThatsMyName

Call me crazy, but since ur leaving with some friends of yours, welcome her to bringing some girl friends of hers over to ur hours. That way, you have friends and she has friends.