Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Pokemon Games

Default The New Pokemon Games

So, Black and White just came out in Japan this past Saturday, and I was wondering, when the games get localized, which do you people plan on getting? Also, which starter, if you've thought that far ahead?

I'm thinking about Black, for now, but I'll have to look at what the version exclusives involve.

As for the starter, I'm thinking about the Grass snake one. The Water type's evolutions look great! But the fire starter... its evolutions kinda follow the same mold that the fire starters from the previous generations - the fire/fighting dual typing. I don't know. Blaziken was alright for me, since it was first, but Infernape and this new one kinda... well... didn't interest me all that much...

Maybe I'll change my mind. Who knows?

::looks at self:: White.

The colors never mattered. Though I always went for the latter verisons like blue, sliver (both times), shappire.. though I went with diamond.

Anyways these games only have 150 pokemon I heard and you can only get the other 493 or whatever after you "beat" the game. via trading or special areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Anyways these games only have 150 pokemon I heard and you can only get the other 493 or whatever after you "beat" the game. via trading or special areas.
    Eh, completing the pokedex became pretty unrealistic once the national dex was released in firered/leafgreen (I only had 30 left too =/)

I'll probably end up buying both, although White looks a bit more interesting. The games got higher reviews than any other pokemon game to date, so I'm pretty excited for them to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrami View Post
    Eh, completing the pokedex became pretty unrealistic once the national dex was released in firered/leafgreen (I only had 30 left too =/)

I'll probably end up buying both, although White looks a bit more interesting. The games got higher reviews than any other pokemon game to date, so I'm pretty excited for them to come out.
    The games were always awesome RPG's and good trainer RPG's. Adding new pokemon, moves and ablitys is a give. I'm excited about that but video chatting on the DSi or 3DS = icing in the cake.

ive been following this game since april and it is awsome! ive played it, learned japenese but in progress

Nah, the versions didn't matter as much before.
    However, there are even more aesthetic differences with these games, including exclusive areas such as Black City and White Forest.

I may eventually end up getting both though.

Well I just found out the uber-cute pokemon Growlithe can learn not one, but two physical eletric type moves in this generation.. Yes... a Fire type will learn a electric type move via TM.

Also TM's are now HM like in that they never get destroyed after usage. Too bad PP Up won't cross over moves.

Looks good, I'll probably get white

Still play red and blue alot....

Lucy

Looks like a major step-up.

not quiite as much as I would have liked, but its significant progress. Far more of a sequal then an exspansion.

annd it looks awsome :P

Wait, I dont need to buy the 3DS for this, do I? Im done with new DSes. Im not going to waste money on any upgrades untill they just create the next generation already.

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Wait, I dont need to buy the 3DS for this, do I? Im done with new DSes. Im not going to waste money on any upgrades untill they just create the next generation already.
    Pokemon Black and White will work on all DS systems from phat to DSi XL. I don't think the games offer anything special for 3DS.

Also 3DS IS the next generation of the DS line. It's vastly superior to the DS. However most people are thinking its going to cost around 299.99 here in america. Nintendo announced last night (afternoon in japan) the 3DS will cost 25,000 Yen (which converts to 298 american dollars). Japan will get it in February 2011. US and Europe get it in March 2011. No pricing confirm for US or europe.

But once again pokemon black and white will work on ALL DS models.