Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: World's Dumbest Internet People

Default World's Dumbest Internet People

I am sure we have all heard of World's Dumbest criminals, now there should be world's dumbest people online.

I was on another forum and this person reports in the moderator thread posting a link to a thread asking is someone can please assist that she deserved this treatment. I click the link and I go to the previous page to see how the drama started and she had called someone an idiot for asking a question regarding expensive medicine. So basically she had reported herself.
    I did a virtual facepalm. She said she wasn't being mean, she was being honest. How can someone not know calling someone an idiot is an attack, mean, rude, not nice? OMG we are all taught as children and it's something assholes say when they put people down and insult them and say they are being honest. Just an excuse they use to be a jerk. Then she reports herself asking what did she do to deserve this treatment because someone was telling her she likes to start trouble and fights and there she was playing the victim acting like she did nothing wrong.

Anything else here have seen stuff people do online that wasn't very smart? Share your stories.

Edit: Okay I should make myself more clear since it seems like two people here missed the point of the story. My point was the user on the other forum called someone an idiot and another person jumped on her about her behavior and how she likes to start fights. She goes to the mod section and posts a link to the thread asking someone (one of the mods) to assist her in what she did to deserve this. That was the dumb part because she basically reported herself for personal attack she did.
    Last edited by Calico; 21-Sep-2010 at 20:35. Reason: Wanted to make myself more clear about this thread.

That definitely sounds like one weirdo and pretty dumb member on that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I am sure we have all heard of World's Dumbest criminals, now there should be world's dumbest people online.

I was on another forum and this person reports in the moderator thread posting a link to a thread asking is someone can please assist that she deserved this treatment. I click the link and I go to the previous page to see how the drama started and she had called someone an idiot for asking a question regarding expensive medicine. So basically she had reported herself.
    I did a virtual facepalm. She said she wasn't being mean, she was being honest. How can someone not know calling someone an idiot is an attack, mean, rude, not nice? OMG we are all taught as children and it's something assholes say when they put people down and insult them and say they are being honest. Just an excuse they use to be a jerk. Then she reports herself asking what did she do to deserve this treatment because someone was telling her she likes to start trouble and fights and there she was playing the victim acting like she did nothing wrong.
    Throw not a stone here, lest ye receive it back in spades.

I don't understand.
    Are you not calling her stupid right now in your attempts to say that people shouldn't call other people stupid?

i.e. "You shouldn't call people stupid, stupid!"

Though I admit that was a very dumb move, I think if someone is worthy of the title "stupid internet people" it should be Fred (don't know who I'm talking about? type it in on YouTube)... So...annoying... >_< *dies*
    JUST my opinion...World's Dumbest is an awesome show, BTW.

Most of the forums I go to calling someone an idiot is incredibly tame. As for worst I've seen, my favorite has been a former mod got in trouble because they made a post that broke a rule, which had been for years. You would think someone who dealt with the rules would actually know to, uhh not break them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Are you not calling her stupid right now in your attempts to say that people shouldn't call other people stupid?

i.e. "You shouldn't call people stupid, stupid!"
    So he was calling me stupid?

So he was calling me stupid?
    Congrats. Now you've advanced to the Code of Hammurabi. Call me when you get to this millennium.

What is that supposed to mean?

Gah I wish people make sense.