Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi guys n gals please be gentle with me as I am new here.

Smile Hi guys n gals please be gentle with me as I am new here.

Okay, by the book, I am interested in repairing and restoring lots of different kinds of old things, old cars, old motorbikes, clocks, etc etc. I just love all the old and well made things in this world, I also collect similar stuffs. (I am ATM playing with a Violet ray). I am a white goods engineer by trade and have been for years. My life is gurreat, I live in my own home somewhere in the forest of Robin Hood. I am a furry (please do not hold that against me) I am happpy and except for being I.C. I enjoy my life. I found this site while a furry friend was visiting me last week and he said this was a nice place to be. (I do not know his nick here, I only know his R.L. name and his furry name. Being Incontinent and (luckilly) a DL too means a place like is something similar to a magnet to metal.

Hey Tiddles, good introduction and a warm welcome to the forums from me. I agree with you that old objects were much better made before we realised that its cheaper to just throw it away when it breaks. My first car was an old series 3 landrover - that required lots of restoring! What are your greatest restores so far?
    Hope to see you around

Hey! Welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy it ^^, and don't worry, sure no ones gonna hold it against you for being furry, i certaintly won't

Thank you *hugs*

I have an old series 3 LWB land rover too, I have fitted a perkins T4236 along with a 5 speed box, high ratio transfer box and high ratio axles. I have a couple of Austin A.30s, one is very good, the other is very bad. I also (one day) will restore my 1947 wolseley 10.
    I have a j4 van and others awaiting my time and a decent garage.

Thank you *hugs*
    Just checking your link.
    Nice tats
    Last edited by Trevor; 21-Sep-2010 at 23:08. Reason: merging posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddles View Post
    Okay, by the book, I am interested in repairing and restoring lots of different kinds of old things, old cars, old motorbikes, clocks, etc etc. I just love all the old and well made things in this world, I also collect similar stuffs.

(I am ATM playing with a Violet ray).
    What is that?

I am a white goods engineer by trade
    What is that?

I live in my own home somewhere in the forest of Robin Hood.
    Literally? Or as part of your fursona?

I am a furry (please do not hold that against me)
    It disturbs me to hear you say that. It implies you are used to, and therefore expecting it to be "held against you." You been touring the wrong places, man. Welcome here... This is a good and understanding place for furs to come; some feared, for a while they might take over, but I think there's a happy equilibrium reached. Some of our babyfurs (babyfurs: you would think a fur-friendly diaper-site would be custom-built for 'em) have gone inactive, clearly having staked out some other place to congregate and mill about.

I am happpy and except for being I.C. I enjoy my life. I found this site while a furry friend was visiting me last week and he said this was a nice place to be. (I do not know his nick here, I only know his R.L. name and his furry name. Being Incontinent and (luckilly) a DL too means a place like is something similar to a magnet to metal.
    Your vehicle-building and restoring old stuff of quality (an apt description of me, har har) intrigues me, as do the old Austins. I am sure you have stories of finding rusting hulks buried in farmers' fields or their barns... where you know what the thing is and collect it and lovingly rebuild it... I bet you have many stories to share. /me puts his feet up and settles down for an evening of old rum, treacly ale, and fine tobacco...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddles View Post

Thank you *hugs*
    Just checking your link.
    Nice tats
    Thanks ^^ *hugs back*

I have my two old cars I am working on and enjoy, and can understand the reasoning behind going after them. One of my cars is a 1929 Chevrolet Business Coupe (stock and running!) and the other is a 1931 Chevrolet Victoria (also known as the 5-Passenger Coupe, this one is slowly becoming a street rod).

From another IC person who enjoys their diapers, welcome!!!

Me? Be gentle? That's a lot to ask from me. It cute you thought that though:/

Welcome to ADISC or something like that.

welcome, im also a newb its good to see yet another one passionate about engineering, what old bikes have you been working on? i aspire to own a triumph bonnevile oneday or maby a norton commando, n e ways welcome