Thread: meet jakey

Cool meet jakey

hi everybody!

so jakey is my name(o), or at least the name i go by in this context! i am a 25 year old boy who lives in california. my favortie thing in the world right now is music, listening to and making my own. recently i've been spending more time doing that than anything else. i also like to travel, run, play games of all kinds, write a little, read a little, have fun with friends, um sleep, and get high and do any of the aforementioned things! i also especially like trying new things! i'm quite fond of the exclamation mark.

i am a ab/dl. you can read more about that on my profile if you like. this seems like a cool place my friend told me about, so i hope to get to know you guys and maybe be friends!

crazykittensmile

Hello and welcome to the forum - that's a good intro you've got there :-)

Please be aware though that this forum caters for teens (aged 13+) as well as adults, so I would advise against mentioning getting high in this forum (I made the same mistake by referring to drug use in a story I wrote when I first joined) as there are some young members who are active in the forum. (More info in the rules: http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcem...697-rules.html )

Anyway, you sound like you have a lot of similar interests to me :-) What kind of music do you like? You say you like to travel - where is your favourite place that you've travelled to and/or adventure you've been on?

Hope you enjoy the forums - you sound like a well-rounded guy with lots of interests outside of diapers, so I'm sure you'll fit in well here :-)

hehe sorry about that, but come on, do people talk about alcohol here? imho it is way worse.

anyway, i seriously like almost every kind of music, but i do have favorites. i like a lot of folk rock and indie rock and also some electronic stuff. my favorite place i've travelled so far has been Ecuador.

now your turn.

Rolf's famous performance as Jake:

Aint it cool he has a diaper reference right off the hop - and with his father not mother changing him! Yay a nod to all the fathers that do their share of diaper duty!

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by jakeywakey View Post
    hehe sorry about that, but come on, do people talk about alcohol here? imho it is way worse.

anyway, i seriously like almost every kind of music, but i do have favorites. i like a lot of folk rock and indie rock and also some electronic stuff. my favorite place i've travelled so far has been Ecuador.

now your turn.
    I listen to quite an eclectic range of artists and styles over the course of a week - I don't like every style of music, but I probably do like at least one artist from every style and once I like something I tend to like it forever so I can still enjoy listening to the awful pop bands I loved when I was 13 when the mood is right. But my favourite music is almost always something a little melancholy - Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, The Smiths, Nick Drake, Elliott Smith, Belle & Sebastian and Iron & Wine and are probably my most-listened to artists.

My favourite place I've travelled to so far was without a doubt India - it was the first (and so far, only) time I went out of Europe so the culture shock was extreme. But it was incredible and I am busy making plans to go back next year when I've finished uni :-)

I love Radiohead and Elliot Smith. Recently I've been listening to the new Arade Fire a lot and Mumford and Sons.

India is next on my list!

crazykittensmile

Ooh, Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons are both actually in my list of albums to listen to! I own albums by both bands, but have only listened to them once - I am awful like that when I get a new album. I will listen to it once or twice and then before I've even learnt the words to any of the songs they get forgotten and I go back to the same stuff I was listening to before. Maybe on your recommendation I will dig out those albums and give them a listen, it's about time, I must have had Arcade Fire's album close to 5 years!

India is fantastic - I would recommend it to anyone and push anyone considering going to go - do it!

Yes, please tell me how you enjoy them! I acquired so much new music in the last few months it's hard to keep it all straight. I've been trying to give each new album a good listen though. I think i have enough to last for a year.

What was the bestest part about India?

crazykittensmile

I really enjoyed listening to Arcade Fire (the album I own is Funeral) and don't really know why I never got around to listening to them properly before. I have added them to my regular playlist so I remember to listen to them some more! Mumford & Sons (album Sigh No More) didn't grab in quite the same way, they were easy enough to listen to but didn't really grab me - I think I will need to listen to them a few more times before I decide.

The best part about India ... eek, that's a hard question! The food was fantastic, I have never eaten so well (or so cheaply) before or since and don't think I will until I go back. It was far too spicy for me at first, even though I'd always enjoyed spicy food here, but after a week or 2 my mouth got used to it and I could really appreciate all the amazing flavour that's pack into everything cooked out there. The other amazing thing was how friendly everybody was, it was so different to the UK where on public transport for example everyone tries to keep their eyes down and avoid having to talk to anyone, in India everybody was really interested to talk to everybody else and it was wonderful to be in such a welcoming country. But there were so many amazing things I saw and did in the 3 months I was there - some of the temples are incredible. There were lots of awful and sad things there as well, the poverty is often shocking and the country throws all sorts of stark contrasts and contradictions at you the whole time you are there. It was a massive culture shock compared to anything I'd seen in Europe before. But I would highly recommend the country to anybody considering going!

So aside from Ecuador have you done much other travelling? What was Ecuador like? I know very little about the country if I am honest, but I would definitely like to visit South America at some point in my future.