Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurray for Ignorance

Default Hurray for Ignorance

From Askville...

Why would anyone have a 'diaper' fetish?

The top answer:

I don't think fetish is used in the psychology sense of the word

fet⋅ish  /ˈfɛtɪʃ, ˈfitɪʃ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fet-ish, fee-tish] Show IPA

–noun
    1. an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.
    2. any object, idea, etc., eliciting unquestioning reverence, respect, or devotion: to make a fetish of high grades.
    3. Psychology. any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.

So many things are regarded as a ’fetish’ nowadays. It would appear that anyone who claims to have a sexual attraction to such an unappealing object is either lying or has had their mental faculties upset by some severe trauma sic drugs but even if having a highly obsessive attraction to something like diapers is appealing to them, it is probably masking a more unconscious desire, perhaps pedophilia in the case of diapers.
    I punch wall.

Grrr! Why the hell do people allways make these stupid ideas without actual research? We really need to spread the correct idea of Ab/DLism. I swear, sometimes I just want to join a site that asks those kind of questions and give them the facts.

I swear...if I hear ONE more association between ABDL and pedophilia, I'm gonna...*twitch twitch* ahem...
    Calming down now...
    I think it is because people like to think they are superior to others and they "accomplish" this by faking knowledge at the expense of the "inferior" namely, the "us" versus "them", as much as I hate to put it in such terms. Why can't we all just get along?

I'm always amazed at how stupid most people are. I think you just have to consider the source and move on. Just remember, these people probably manage to find polling places and vote. Now that's scary!

Some people are just complete idiots!

There is no excuse for this level of ignorance; They may as well say everyone who wears green is a pedophile.

Peoplle always want to be superior to others, as seen throughout history how it seems everything been tried to make "me" better then "you." (seriously, something I've noticed wayyyy too often xD).

The whole explanation on there is either incredibly ignorant, or just stupid. I am going to go with Ignorant as they seem to think it is "highly unlikely" that anyone would be a DL. I suppose if you hit the wrong sites, you probably would believe that DLs would have mental issues (the way some of the "HNGs" act). Overall that answer should be reported if possible, it doesn't even offer any factual information, just the persons opinion on what they think it is about, a very ignorant opinion at that.

As for why it is linked to pedophilia, it isn't a shocking thing to be honest. A person outside of ABDL, with limited knowledge of it, probably sees an adult acting like/looking like a baby or toddler, and equate it with a liking of children and thus pedophilia. I highly disagree with it, but it is a better link then the person on askville made in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm always amazed at how stupid most people are. I think you just have to consider the source and move on. Just remember, these people probably manage to find polling places and vote. Now that's scary!
    Actually I am more scared there are people out there, whom I know vote, that actually believe the only reason there is HIV/AIDS is due to gay people (not kidding, actually heard this argument once)

HIV/AIDS coming from homosexuals? That's something I haven't heard before... =/
    But yeah... Most people tend to have negative feelings towards what they don't understand. That person obviously has no idea what sexual response diaper-wearing might elicit, considering the he or she hasn't worn one since infanthood.

Or who knows? Maybe they were late to train and post-toddlerhood diaper-wearing gave them a personal distaste for diapers and those who wear them.

Whatever the case may be, people hate not understanding something. So either they become curious, or choose to express a certain dislike to whatever it is.

It is probably because of all of those lude people and stalkers and even a great deal of pedophiles who caught many pictures of children wearing diapers because they were forced to AND forcing them to use them as well. The Lude people were reported showing off their diapers to children mainly teenagers/tweens/preteens and such. And stalkers such as the one who was sending off those text messages and even that picture and wanting to meet up with a teenage girl some where.

I am just saying.

People like that really make me sick and yes I have even put much thought and pondered why we are like this and it more and more has became clear to me that even as some of us are incontinent we still have a liking to diapers due to the overall reason that it HELPS RELIEVE STRESS in us and BRINGS us back to a TIME when things were simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post
    It is probably because of all of those lude people and stalkers and even a great deal of pedophiles who caught many pictures of children wearing diapers because they were forced to AND forcing them to use them as well. The Lude people were reported showing off their diapers to children mainly teenagers/tweens/preteens and such. And stalkers such as the one who was sending off those text messages and even that picture and wanting to meet up with a teenage girl some where.

I am just saying.

People like that really make me sick and yes I have even put much thought and pondered why we are like this and it more and more has became clear to me that even as some of us are incontinent we still have a liking to diapers due to the overall reason that it HELPS RELIEVE STRESS in us and BRINGS us back to a TIME when things were simple.
    I think you're assuming a much greater level of overall knowledge than typically exists about us. I also think that while it's regrettable, it's not a major leap to assume that someone who gets off (whether sexually or not, and don't kid yourself, they're both extremely odd to the uninitiated) on diapers has an unhealthy attitude toward babies and children. The truth is, of course much more complex and runs the gamut but anyone would have to get past the initial shudder of revulsion to consider this more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyDoggy View Post
    Some people are just complete idiots!

There is no excuse for this level of ignorance; They may as well say everyone who wears green is a pedophile.
    I can see their point though even though it's wrong. We wear diapers because we want/like to (usage varies person to person) then the part about acting like a baby/toddler. These people are going off by what they see and only the loud and obnoxious and perverted like deeker, MFH and "diaper men" of the world since thats what the media will show to get better ratings.

These people, aren't looking for the level headed people they want to see people that are more freakish then they are, so they can be like. thank god, i'm fucking normal im sure glad I dodged that bullet. Then they go inflate a balloon in their underwear until it pops. (using that as a example of how odd anyone can be)