Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article of interest

Default Article of interest

I thought I would share this with you guys.

BBC News - No toilets on expanded Southern Railway train fleet

No toilets on trains, at least the nappy wears will be ok LOL

Lmfao now commuters can freely wear diapers for a reason. XD

I guess that's ok :as long as you don't need to change your nappy halfway through your journey, could be a little tricky that one? say's i blushing.

One and a half hours without any toilet facilities onboard is unacceptable.

Oh, Ye of little bladder capacity!

Here I thought this was going to be like a cross-country 6-10 hour run, but really? 90 minutes with no potty is unbearable?? If you can't go from empty to springing a leak in 90 minutes, you should be diapered!

I agree, I don't go to the bathroom at school and that's 8 hours long.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    One and a half hours without any toilet facilities onboard is unacceptable.

Oh, Ye of little bladder capacity!

Here I thought this was going to be like a cross-country 6-10 hour run, but really? 90 minutes with no potty is unbearable?? If you can't go from empty to springing a leak in 90 minutes, you should be diapered!
    Although the journey is only 90 minutes long most people expect trains to have toilets, therefore they won't necessarily go at the station before boarding their train, thinking they can go on the train. I have left work before with only 10 minutes to catch my train, arrived at the station in time to catch my train (but not in time to use the toilets there) and have then used the toilets on the trains. I think it is the fact that people expect trains to have toilets that is the problem - I frequently take a bus with no onboard toilet, and the bus journey takes me an hour and 40 mins, and this isn't an issue as I know there isn't a toilet on the bus, so go before I leave.

However, almost all trains in the UK have toilets on board, so people won't always use the toilets before they board the train. And there are some people who can't hold for 90 minutes - children for example are likely to say they don't need to go at the station, and then 5 minutes into the train journey announce that they do need to go. Young children would likely struggle to hold on for over an hour. I'm sure this would also be an issue for people with urge incontinence, or disabilities which cause them to need to use toilets frequently. Plus on late-night trains you get people who may be drinking large quantities of alcohol who will need to pee frequently as well.

I don't think the issue is that having to spend 90 minutes without a toilet is a problem, but more about the fact that people expect there to be toilets on-board trains and so won't necessarily have prepared for not being able to use a toilet by either wearing pull-ups/nappies if necessary or going at the station beforehand.

How hard is it to just put a hole surrounded by 4 walls (and a door on one of the walls)? Doesn't take up that much space

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    Although the journey is only 90 minutes long most people expect trains to have toilets, therefore they won't necessarily go at the station before boarding their train, thinking they can go on the train.
    Youve hit the nail on the head there babyjess. As long as there is some kind of notice telling people this train has no toilet then it will be fine. Otherwise, as you say, people will be expecting it and not go before boarding. If it relieves commuter congestion, especially as their research suggests that 90% of people only travel for 30mins on that route then it makes sense. I dont have a toilet in my car so I make sure I go before driving long distanc. Its not hard! (ok maybe I cheat sometimes....

most the trains ive been on in that area have toilets, not that i care much any more as i gots me car now, fortunatly this does not come with toilet as standard. =]