Thread: Hi from a lurker.

Default Hi from a lurker.

I lurk forums. I'm unsociable, I don't speak unless I know I've got something useful to say. I've been a practicing DL for years, and it's time that I find people to talk with.

I can't think of more to say.

crazykittensmile

Hello, welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your first step towards not being a lurker!

Why not start by telling us a bit about yourself - do you have any hobbies or interests? How do you spend your free time?

I read a lot, mostly things like Hemingway and Faulkner. I'm with my family most of the time when I'm not working. I can probably give away that my job is a writer (not of fiction) without compromising my secrecy. My wife knows about my being DL, and is fine with it if I don't let her see.

You'll fit in here just fine, especially with the "only posting good posts" policy you imply. Many forums are treated as chat rooms, with their members (naturally) abhorring the vaccuum underneath the posts, that big empty yawning space crying to be filled, like an uncomfortable silence.

Quote Originally Posted by philsawyer View Post
    I read a lot, mostly things like Hemingway and Faulkner. I'm with my family most of the time when I'm not working. I can probably give away that my job is a writer (not of fiction) without compromising my secrecy. My wife knows about my being DL, and is fine with it if I don't let her see.
    Thats good that your wife is fine with it although its not great that you have to keep it still secretive from her