Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Telling a Room Mate?

  1. #1

    Default Telling a Room Mate?

    Alright well I'm gonna be applying for some internships for the summer so I'll be in a dorm with someone for 2 months or something. Alright well I'm thinking of just outright telling whoever I room with that I wear diapers. I won't tell him why or anything else. I'll just tell him after we get to know one another and stuff. If anything he'll just think I wet the bed or something. As it stands I'm not ashamed of what I do or whatever. I won't flaunt it or anything Just telling him to give him a heads up that I wear so don't be surprised if you see them around. Ya know?

    Good idea? bad idea or what?

  2. #2

    Default

    I don't really think it's necessary to let them know unless they ask really. If they do ask, just tell them you're incontinent and that you have to wear diapers. I doubt they'll care much anyway, but telling them right off the bat may make them a little awkward and have the wrong ideas about you.

  3. #3
    tbmoney

    Default

    i would just get to know your roommate first before just flat out saying it. I mean your roommate may not be all that accepting of it. Just get to know him/her first and then if you feel comfortable telling which going by your thread seems like you do, than you should

  4. #4

    Default

    Honestly, I wouldn't do it. You never really know how they will react or what they may do. My ex-roommates invaded my privacy and went through my stuff and found my diapers. I lived with them for about 2 months after and everything was cool, once I left them and moved out they threatened to tell everyone about it. I think it's just better to not involve anyone unless you have to.

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm about to be in this same predicament. I feel I could hide it except if I get a delivery to the house while I'm at work and he intercepts the package. I haven't really come up with what I would tell him it was without showing him haha. Guess we'll just have to see how it works out.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    Ordinarily, I'd say absolutely not. However, you'll never see this guy again, he doesn't know anything about you, and its only for 2 months. Might be interesting to try and see the reaction of a "Normal" person in that environment.

    Of course, I don't have to live with the guy if he thinks you're completely out of your mind and makes your life a living hell for two months. But that would be absolute worst case. I don't think any normal person would care as long as the room stays clean and doesn't start smelling like urine.

  8. #8

    Default

    I don't think you're being very fair to the roommate when you tell him about this interest and openly indulge around him. You can justify that he'll be a stranger that'll be out of your life before you know it but I think it's morally wrong to do this. I just think it breaks the stranger courtesy code that we all somewhat share among each other. You've stated that you are a DL so wearing diapers gives you a sexual pleasure among other things. I just don't feel that it's okay to put a stranger in this situation where he is forced to deal with you indulging on a sexual pleasure on a regular basis. Sure you can convince him that you wear out of need or caution but this counts as lying for your own selfish gain in my opinion.

    Perhaps it would be okay if you share an apartment together and you only wear in your own private room behind closed doors. If this is the case then you should just try to maintain secrecy. However, I think you are overstepping his personal space if you live in the same room with him.

    It sucks not having the privacy to indulge freely. I'm currently in a two person, one room dorm right now and I'll only wear when I know my roommate will be gone for the day, which happens almost never.

    All the power to you if you can get away with this, this is only my on the matter.

  9. #9

    Default

    my 2c on the subject, I'd say it could be a good idea to tell them, as early on as possible, but not to "indulge" as LP was describing. Keep the fetish angle out of it for now and try to be as discrete as anyone with IC would be around a roommate. Just give them a heads-up that they might see a clean diaper or two laying around somewhere or might see a diaper sticking out of your pants from time to time.

    Getting something like this out in the open immediately diffuses the possibility of a roommate coming home smashed at 2am and seeing you in your cot a bit uncovered and immediately sending pictures to his facebook with his phone. If you make it not an unusual thing to begin with, it removes a lot of the risk and possible problems associated with surprise discovery. You're in a much better position to explain yourself on your terms when you can pick the setting. It puts the possibility of a gag or prank type response in check with knowing beforehand that its in bad taste.

    This could backfire on you depending on the roommate. I suggest feeling them out for a few days first to determine if you're dealing with someone that's just a prankster with no sense of control or limits, in which case, hide it and good luck. But if you're going to tell them, get it out of the way quickly so by the time something does come up you've already gotten them adjusted for a good response.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    Ordinarily, I'd say absolutely not. However, you'll never see this guy again, he doesn't know anything about you, and its only for 2 months. Might be interesting to try and see the reaction of a "Normal" person in that environment.

    Of course, I don't have to live with the guy if he thinks you're completely out of your mind and makes your life a living hell for two months. But that would be absolute worst case. I don't think any normal person would care as long as the room stays clean and doesn't start smelling like urine.
    Well I'm thinking of telling because it would be interesting and I"m a pretty honest guy. I'm tired of hiding it.... ya know? Plus I won't shove it down his face or make it obvious or anything.... I am a people person ya know?



    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
    I don't think you're being very fair to the roommate when you tell him about this interest and openly indulge around him. You can justify that he'll be a stranger that'll be out of your life before you know it but I think it's morally wrong to do this. I just think it breaks the stranger courtesy code that we all somewhat share among each other. You've stated that you are a DL so wearing diapers gives you a sexual pleasure among other things. I just don't feel that it's okay to put a stranger in this situation where he is forced to deal with you indulging on a sexual pleasure on a regular basis. Sure you can convince him that you wear out of need or caution but this counts as lying for your own selfish gain in my opinion.

    Perhaps it would be okay if you share an apartment together and you only wear in your own private room behind closed doors. If this is the case then you should just try to maintain secrecy. However, I think you are overstepping his personal space if you live in the same room with him.

    It sucks not having the privacy to indulge freely. I'm currently in a two person, one room dorm right now and I'll only wear when I know my roommate will be gone for the day, which happens almost never.

    All the power to you if you can get away with this, this is only my on the matter.
    Well to be fair I'm not gonna shove it down his throat and this isn't sexual for me. I view diapers as another form of underwear.... Not sexual... when I see women in diapers its the same a women in lingere... So diaper are simply just another form of undearwear. It's just slightly abnormal and I"d like to give him a heads up in case he sees the diapers so he won't freak out ya know?



    Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    my 2c on the subject, I'd say it could be a good idea to tell them, as early on as possible, but not to "indulge" as LP was describing. Keep the fetish angle out of it for now and try to be as discrete as anyone with IC would be around a roommate. Just give them a heads-up that they might see a clean diaper or two laying around somewhere or might see a diaper sticking out of your pants from time to time.

    Getting something like this out in the open immediately diffuses the possibility of a roommate coming home smashed at 2am and seeing you in your cot a bit uncovered and immediately sending pictures to his facebook with his phone. If you make it not an unusual thing to begin with, it removes a lot of the risk and possible problems associated with surprise discovery. You're in a much better position to explain yourself on your terms when you can pick the setting. It puts the possibility of a gag or prank type response in check with knowing beforehand that its in bad taste.

    This could backfire on you depending on the roommate. I suggest feeling them out for a few days first to determine if you're dealing with someone that's just a prankster with no sense of control or limits, in which case, hide it and good luck. But if you're going to tell them, get it out of the way quickly so by the time something does come up you've already gotten them adjusted for a good response.
    I doubt it would backfire and stuff... I mean it could but I doubt it. Since I would get to know the dude first. I know I could go without the diapers for 2 months but.... I don't want to. I'm me and this isn't sexual for me..... This is a preference and well in part a psychological need of being diapered, so yeah.... I just don't want to deal without it really. Thing is I won't just be flamboyant about it. I"ll not talk about it but I"ll just tell him in passing "Oh I wear diapers because I need them" That should do it right?

Similar Threads

  1. so...i found out my mate is a babyfur
    By BabyAidan in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-Aug-2010, 03:04
  2. Sun Mate Adult diaper review w/ pics:
    By MrE in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24-Mar-2010, 05:32
  3. I want to tell my mate
    By Esky in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-Feb-2009, 07:24
  4. Room for one more?
    By Jaiden in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-Jun-2008, 05:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.