Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying diapers for the first time in a store

Default Buying diapers for the first time in a store

So... im finally gonna do it. I have the money, and I plan to buy a pack of goodnites at the grocery store. I live in a town with basically nothing except 2 grocery stores. So, is there any advice, as I am REALLY nervous. I'll be walking there and back about 2 miles. Thanks.

Ps... i know that there are other threads like this, but they seemed too generic.
    Last edited by turtleie; 18-Sep-2010 at 01:06. Reason: typo

don't wear the goodnites for the walk back (chaffing).
    take a holdall or backpack for carrying your purchase (not sure about the store bag situation where you are; but it's also a good idea to have your purchase in a plastic bag in case you need to stash it outside until dark/parents in bed).

I (and most other experienced ABDLs) have been in your situation before, so let me just give you some of my thoughts to make you more comfortable.
    1.I don't know how old you are, but if you are under 18/live with parents, I suggest you use extreme caution with any method you use. When I was just a TB, I had MANY close calls with my dad, but with enough scrutiny (and yes, a little paranoia was involved), I managed to slip by. Should your parents catch you in the store duying GoodNites, good excuses are "my friend wanted me to pick them up for him/her" and "we're testing absorbency for a science project" I do NOT recommend you faking incontinence with them, as they may then have you seen by a doctor...THEN you'd have problems...
    2. Now if you're an adult/no longer living with parents, it gets a lot easier. When I bought my first pack, I pretended to be on my cellphone 'talking to grandma' about the brand SHE needed, that way if the cashier is nosy enough, (s)he won't suspect anything.
    3. Once you are/get more comfortable with buying, go into the store and buy them as you would anything. As the cashier is ringing up the purchase, look to the floor and maybe look a little embarassed/sorry for yourself. This will make the cashier think that you have a valid problem and will not give you any trouble, especially if you ask for the pack to be double-bagged...provided the cashier is not a complete jerk. If you have problems with the cashier, demand to speak to his/her manager, as this is unacceptable.
    4. If you're worried about someone seeing you with them on the way home, use one of those mesh recycle totes or a backpack. When all else fails, multiple bagging should suffice.
    5. I agree with ade as to not wearing one home for the two mile walk, as this can create very painful friction.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRaimuneko View Post
    I (and most other experienced ABDLs) have been in your situation before, so let me just give you some of my thoughts to make you more comfortable.
    1.I don't know how old you are, but if you are under 18/live with parents, I suggest you use extreme caution with any method you use. When I was just a TB, I had MANY close calls with my dad, but with enough scrutiny (and yes, a little paranoia was involved), I managed to slip by. Should your parents catch you in the store duying GoodNites, good excuses are "my friend wanted me to pick them up for him/her" and "we're testing absorbency for a science project" I do NOT recommend you faking incontinence with them, as they may then have you seen by a doctor...THEN you'd have problems...
    2. Now if you're an adult/no longer living with parents, it gets a lot easier. When I bought my first pack, I pretended to be on my cellphone 'talking to grandma' about the brand SHE needed, that way if the cashier is nosy enough, (s)he won't suspect anything.
    3. Once you are/get more comfortable with buying, go into the store and buy them as you would anything. As the cashier is ringing up the purchase, look to the floor and maybe look a little embarassed/sorry for yourself. This will make the cashier think that you have a valid problem and will not give you any trouble, especially if you ask for the pack to be double-bagged...provided the cashier is not a complete jerk. If you have problems with the cashier, demand to speak to his/her manager, as this is unacceptable.
    4. If you're worried about someone seeing you with them on the way home, use one of those mesh recycle totes or a backpack. When all else fails, multiple bagging should suffice.
    5. I agree with ade as to not wearing one home for the two mile walk, as this can create very painful friction.

Good luck
    Lol at the "Absorbency test for a science project" because I used that EXACT line many a time when I did not even know about this site haha.

A little tip, and something that I use just about every time, is to act as if it is a joke or prank on a friend. I always go up there with them in my hand, sort of grinning/laughing to myself. It also depends who the cashier is. If its an older person, I usually will not worry about it, as they dont care normally. However, if its a college student (like it is most of the time for me, since I am in a college town) then I just act as if I am talking on the phone saying various crap like "Oh lord, we are going to get him back so bad," or "Dude, you freakin' owe me, you are totally doing this next time," or something along those lines. That also just helps keep me less nervous by acting like its a joke.

Just my $.02

Lol, yeah. I came up with that thought when I'd see the diaper commercials with the people spilling blue liquid to compare absorbency.

Also turtleie, I don't know your living situation, but have you thought of buying online? Usually the best diapers aren't available in stores. Also you wouldn't have to go to the store at all, as the shopping process would be discreet. They usually come in a plain brown box, as well. Just a word of advice, though GoodNites are a good starter diaper.

Nothing wrong with being nervous (I sure as hell would be). Too paranoid to ever go buy at a store, so can't help there, but (imo) make sure you get what you go for, otherwise you'll probably be pissed at walking 2 miles (4 is thats 2 each way) and not chickening out.

Hey, Coyote_Howl. Ever consider buying online then? I can set you up with some websites if you'd like. I actually JUST ordered a case just now, lol.

I usually buy online when I get them, but haven't recently xD (I usually buy in small amounts anyways) but you can send the links if you want (over visitor message probably)

haha, ok. you probably have these sites anyway, but we'll see.

sayounara

Hi, If it helps, heres my thread from when i bought mine for the first time.