Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spongebob: The Rise and Fall

Default Spongebob: The Rise and Fall

I love Spongebob, but only the classic episodes, like Camping Episode and Patty Hype. These make me lol big time. But, I dont know if they got new writers or something, but the show now is TERRIBLE! It's just full of poop jokes and fart noises that make 6 year old's laugh, while the old series made a lot of adults laugh along with kids. What are your views on the new episodes, and btw, if yo like the current episodes, that's just my opinion and I mean no offense to anyone, except the writers : 3

Dwhite

Well they are running out of things to write. The shows is going down, so they need more crude humor and less of a plot line to keep to interest of the viewers. But ALL of the stations are going down. I never much liked disney, but that is even worse. Nick has gone way down but there still on top. And the worse is cartoon network, the best show since foster's home went off the air has been chowder; and its not even that good. CN has been tainted by adult swim, so they feel the need to base the whole show or series off of fart jokes. If you want good stuff stick to nicktoons network and boomerang.

I definitely agree that Spongebob has gone downhill recently. While the new ones bore me to death, I can still get a good chuckle or two from the old episodes. But as Dwhite said, just about everything is going downhills nowadays.

tbmoney

I agree, I arill love spongebob but it has taken a hit. I miss the old nick days of doug, hey arnold, rugrats, rocket power, recess, the old pokemon, etc....those were the days, i guess every show has its fall though

I wonder what the youngest of our generation think as well? Those who are babies right now, I mean.

Is it just because we've witnessed the beginning of these shows, and have gained the capacity to judge them? I wonder what level of standards our young ones will live up to. Will they be complacent, will they notice, and will they strive to make it better?

Well, the new generation of kids tag on fences, walls, windows, etc like dogs pissing on a fire hydrant. I suspect they would be amused with fart sounds, and knock knock jokes and other senseless garbage for the rest of their lives. The funny part, and it amuses me; they actually think they're cool while the everyone else thinks they're stupid. I read somewhere that the newer generation of kids though technically more knowledgeable tend to lack common sense. It must be the education system or something? Granted I don't know about everywhere, but around here this appears to be the case.

I once had my niece who was 11 looking in the refrigerator for like ten minutes for a purple orange. Now that was funny!

I love Spongebob ... but only seasons 1 - 3. After that it turned into a generic kids show and there was nothing that made it special anymore. The reason why so many of us love the earlier seasons is because they were unique, had adult jokes, and that's what made them funny. I have the Season 1 boxset and could watch it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyDoggy View Post
    Well, the new generation of kids tag on fences, walls, windows, etc like dogs pissing on a fire hydrant. I suspect they would be amused with fart sounds, and knock knock jokes and other senseless garbage for the rest of their lives. The funny part, and it amuses me; they actually think they're cool while the everyone else thinks they're stupid. I read somewhere that the newer generation of kids though technically more knowledgeable tend to lack common sense. It must be the education system or something? Granted I don't know about everywhere, but around here this appears to be the case.

I once had my niece who was 11 looking in the refrigerator for like ten minutes for a purple orange. Now that was funny!
    Oh, sorry. For a second there I thought you were Elton John. It's the glasses.

I've been pretty interested in Adventure Time, and The Normal Show recently... Shows get old, writers run out of momentum, they get canceled, and another show replaces them. Out with the old, in with the new.

Personally, I think Nickelodeon is going downhill altogether. Cartoon Network has some good new shows though.

According to Spongebob's sheer number of employee of the month awards (also taking into account that the minimum full-time working age in the USA (where the show originates) is 18), he is about 43 years old and still acts like a freaking idiot. He has also been through (and failed) boating school for roughly the same amount of time. If he can't get it through his soft spongy head that a drivers license is NOT for him... he is doomed to die a most hideous, boating related accident imaginable (with the added kick in the teeth fact that he caused it).

Yes I do agree that Nickelodeon is going downhill. That is why I blocked it from my house altogether so my sister can't watch it and act it out. It just doesn't fly in this house.

Cartoon network does have some good stuff though. The regular show seems a lot like Robot Chicken in a very much more age appropriate way (as far as practical humor goes).