Thread: Another Newbie Coming on Board

Default Another Newbie Coming on Board

Hello! Joined recently and am still kind of exploring and learning. But then I got chastised by the system for not posting! Oops.

What about me...well, I'll try not to be too narcisistic. I'm a young person in a grown up body. ABDL (of course).

What are my RW interests? Cars, mostly (you can kind of guess what other forums I frequent). Music (kind of a Pandora fan). Movies. Wish I had more to say, but not knowing anyone here yet I'm feeling a bit under a spotlight.

I hope it's o.k. for me to continue to lurk a while.

Hey there, it isn't a bad thing to lurk but it is even better when people post around and contribute! As long as you aren't being a creep, no-one going to harsh (well outside of Mature topics, but Mature Topics isn't really harsh moreso critical :P). There is plenty to talk about here, including a few music threads, and ton of car lovers so shouldn't be too hard to find something to post about. ANYWAYS, enough of my random spouting, what genre of films do you enjoy the most?

Cars; well. That covers a range... fixing them? Looking at them? Driving them round and round ovals? There are many car nuts here. Me, I tend towards claustrophobic, standard little things... preferably that get over 40 mpg... or things that can haul a load. If I had my druthers, and drove for fun, slow spiderman-like go-anywhere 4 by's would be more my taste than 180mph supercars... unless someone who knew what they were doing were at the wheel. I had my share of doing the ton round traffic circles and loving it but ancient raccoons get sedate in their old age.

Lurk all you want; but you will get out of the site what you put in.

Coyote -- Not a creep, no ill will or false motives, no intent to spam or anything like that. I usually just like to read some of the threads to get a flavor for the group before becoming involved. I did post comments to some articles and already it appears I may have stepped on toes (unintentionally). Figures.

Movies genre -- just about any, really. A lot just depends upon the mood. I had an Almodovar period, a Tarantino period, and on and on. Love the original Star Wars movies (saw the first three as new releases in the theater). My tastes go all the way back to pre-talkies -- ever see Metropolitan? I like Woody Allen flics, though tend to prefer the stuff from the 70s/80s (Annie Hall, anyone?). Those are just some examples.

Racoon -- The short answer to your question is 'yes.' The longer and more involved is that I like to work on them, restore them, drive them, and race them (though admittedly I haven't really done any serious racing). As to "standard, claustrophobic little things" -- how about a Triumph Spitfire? I owned one in the 90s. I presently am working on a FIAT X1/9. I think those fit your definition.

I see your sig references Cyndi Lauper -- a great artist. I borrowed a DVD from the library for a concert she did a few years back. Still has the voice, and she really interacts well with the audience. I used to like her, but after seeing that I really grew to appreciate her.

Anyway, to you both -- thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    Coyote -- Not a creep, no ill will or false motives, no intent to spam or anything like that. I usually just like to read some of the threads to get a flavor for the group before becoming involved. I did post comments to some articles and already it appears I may have stepped on toes (unintentionally). Figures.
    I wouldn't say you were stepping on toes. You had an opinion, I disagreed. It's kind of like if you think someone accidentally misspells a word and you try to correct them. It's not that you have something against the person, you're just questioning if what they put forth is correct.

Disagreements are going to happen here, and most of those are harmless. No need to take things personally.

(FYI: right now I don't have anything against you, but I think you might be reading too far into responses)

Right now you don't have anything against me? Jeez, that's encouraging.

I didn't take it personally. I think you misread what I wrote or misinterpreted it. In THIS thread I was merely commenting, in the context of the thread, that I was "lurking" because I wanted to have a better idea of the group dynamic prior to posting, and that I went against this judgment to post in the comment and right away was told effectively that I was out of place for making the comment because the article was intended for a particular audience and not a general audience (and specifically teens). So, my comment here ("figures") was that I jumped in too soon before learning more about the forum. That was all I meant. I did not assume you had any ill will toward me and as I commented in response to you, I meant no offense.

Anyway, having beat that horse thoroughly dead, hello! Greetings and salutations! Let's see if we can work toward you not needing to have anything against me.

Welcome to the site, sunshine

I'm not a car nut, I'm afraid! I do love Cyndi Lauper though

crazykittensmile

Hello and welcome to the forum - I like your name as I love felix the cat!

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    I usually just like to read some of the threads to get a flavor for the group before becoming involved. I did post comments to some articles and already it appears I may have stepped on toes (unintentionally).
    I agreed with what you posted :-) I just forgot to quote your post when I said so, but I think you were bringing a very relevant point into the discussion. I've found in my short time here (ignore my join date, I've only really been here about 2 weeks) that often people will disagree and pick apart what you say, but it is usually civil and if you justify what you're saying people respect that and things don't tend to get nasty. Some disagreement and informed discussion is kind of healthy after all :-)

Anyway, enjoy your time on the forum, and don't get scared of posting. As long as you're not rude to people when you offer a different view point it shouldn't be a problem, just expect people to disagree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I agreed with what you posted :-) I just forgot to quote your post when I said so, but I think you were bringing a very relevant point into the discussion. I've found in my short time here (ignore my join date, I've only really been here about 2 weeks) that often people will disagree and pick apart what you say, but it is usually civil and if you justify what you're saying people respect that and things don't tend to get nasty. Some disagreement and informed discussion is kind of healthy after all :-)

Anyway, enjoy your time on the forum, and don't get scared of posting. As long as you're not rude to people when you offer a different view point it shouldn't be a problem, just expect people to disagree with you!
    You explained it better than me... jerk. x_x