Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New TV season.

Dwhite

Default New TV season.

Well all the new shows and new seasons come out this week (i think.) So what shows are you looking forward too? Or do you not care because you dont watch tv... Well I'm looking for CSI: NY, Detroit 187 (does anyone know what 187 stands for) and then i need to wait till november for burn notice to start again. So what are you waiting for?

I am looking forward to the new Hawaii 5-O on CBS this year. The only thing I am worried about it appears to have the same time spot as my other favorite Monday night show Miami CSI 10 PM eastern time on Monday night. I was and still am a big Hawaii 5-O fan.

The only ones that really stick out to me so far is the new Law and Order: SVU season, the new L.A. series of Law and Order, and maybe The Event.

Sons of Anarchy, Rookie Blue, Dexter and Californication are the ones I'm most looking forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhite View Post
    Detroit 187 (does anyone know what 187 stands for)
    187 is the code for a murder. It's a show about people working the Detroit homicide beat.

I'm looking forward to Dexter, The Office, Human Target...

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Rookie Blue
    The one that's just finished and hasn't yet been renewed, you mean?

In reality, most shows are starting again next week, not this week. I have Castle, Chuck, House, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, The Mentalist, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Stargate Universe and Sanctuary starting again within the next few weeks, and QI starting again this week Unfortunately it means that the summer stuff is all ending (Lie To Me, White Collar, Rookie Blue, Covert Affairs, Haven, Futurama, Persons Unknown...), but it's being replaced by better stuff

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhite View Post
    Well all the new shows and new seasons come out this week (i think.) So what shows are you looking forward too? Or do you not care because you dont watch tv... Well I'm looking for CSI: NY, Detroit 187 (does anyone know what 187 stands for) and then i need to wait till november for burn notice to start again. So what are you waiting for?
    As Babyloki said already, 187 is a code for murder.

What makes no sense what so ever is that it is California Penal Code 187a that defines first and second degree murder. It is not from the Michigan Penal Code.

Clearly the show was created by California based writers. People tell me "187" is a term used by criminal street gangs in many places outside California.

Dexter, House, and I think Fringe are what I'm looking forward to. Family Guy I watch all of, but I don't follow it religiously. I'm still anxious to see more, though. Burn Notice doesn't start up again until November. Are Bones & South Park starting up again, too?

I lost interest after SGU after it turned out to be even worse than the last couple seasons of Atlantis, which I really didn't think could be possible. I made it ten episodes then just quit, kind of disgusted. I miss the Goa'uld. Once the Ori were introduced it was clear the writers were no longer interested in writing good science fiction, just throwing in ridiculously overpowered 'aliens' and then writing in magical deus ex machina solutions. ACTIVATE THE ANTI-ORI DEVICE HURRRRR. Ascension was at least a neat concept, I thought, and well played out from the scientific aspect. Now Stargate has just devolved into Dawson's Creek. Sitcom and cliched, forced, "character development" surrounding a poor excuse for plot.

It's always a battle of which shows will get my attention as I have little time to devote. However, for returning shows I am quite excited for the return of Glee, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Fringe, and The Amazing Race. I'm mildly curious about the new Law and Order, but that is one of those shows I am not too worried about watching every episode in sequence. Also intrigued about The Event. I will give it a few episodes to convince me. I'm a little sad that I have to wait so long for the second season of V to start. That was a surprisingly good show.

Sad to see that both Heroes and FlashForward were canceled. Heroes I can see why, as much as I loved the show. But FlashForward? That was a freaking awesome show. Now to get some philosophical debate going on about the implications of knowing the future and whether that predestines you to fulfill it.

The one I forgot about was the new season of The Ultimate Fighter starting tomorrow.