Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dexter: Season 5

Default Dexter: Season 5

We're a little under two weeks away from the beginning of the fifth season of Showtime's Dexter, and I'm curious to know: If you watch the show, what are your predictions?

For those of you who are caught up through season four, but haven't seen the preview of season five, a teaser can be found on YouTube. I'd gladly post a link, but I'm at work, and YouTube is blocked.

A synopsis of the teaser trailer:

So, what do you think could happen? Please remember the courtesy of spoiler tags for those who haven't caught up on this outstanding television show!

What will happen?

Also, Dexter, the show, is extremely annoying when it takes EVERY descriptor of Dexter and basically creates "climaxes" by making him act OUT of character. Basically, if he was how he was described on the back of the box, then none of this would happen.

Season five is starting soon! I need to hurry up and finish season four! I've only seen the first three episodes of the season so I have (I think) nine more to go.

Ha I just started watching this the other day with my mom. Does he kill trinity!? ( lol don't actually answer that)

Quote Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
    Ha I just started watching this the other day with my mom. Does he kill trinity!? ( lol don't actually answer that)
    ...I'm questioning if this is a serious inquiry, as it seems you don't understand the concept of the show.

I think the 5th season is going to be good. I thought it was going to go down hill after Doakes got removed from the show.

Either way it's going to be entertaining how Dexter deals with being a single dad to astor (or is aster?) Cody and his own baby. I assume Debra will help him out with raising them. Of course, they could bring back Rita's ex-husband considering he's done being Jacob on Lost.

Either way the series kicks ass more then the book series. However, I hope they bring Dr. Danco in from the books that guy is a insane "killer".

Dexter is one of my favorite shows. I can't wait for season 5! I just purchased seasons 1-3 on blu-ray and as soon as season 4 comes down in price I'll pick it up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    they could bring back Rita's ex-husband considering he's done being Jacob on Lost.
    Didn't he die in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Either way the series kicks ass more then the book series. However, I hope they bring Dr. Danco in from the books that guy is a insane "killer".
    Too many of the important things from that book would be missing. Doakes is already dead, and so is the agent that I believe was supposed to be similar to the one in the book. Basically, anyone that actually RELATES Dr. Danco to Miami is dead already, so he has no reason to "return".

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Didn't he die in prison?

Too many of the important things from that book would be missing. Doakes is already dead, and so is the agent that I believe was supposed to be similar to the one in the book. Basically, anyone that actually RELATES Dr. Danco to Miami is dead already, so he has no reason to "return".
    In the show Rita's husband got sent back to prison after Dexter drugged him.

As for Dr.Danco, they can still use him, Doakes and lundy aren't necessary. Plus they can pull out new casts specifically for that.