Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering nappies from Dorset Nursing Supplies & VAT

crazykittensmile

Default Ordering nappies from Dorset Nursing Supplies & VAT

I am just wondering if anybody here has much experience with ordering from Dorset Nursing Supplies?

The website states on the homepage that it offers next day delivery, but when I read the delivery policy and went to checkout I could find no more information about this. Does anybody know any more about getting next day delivery, such as what time you have to order by? Do they deliver on weekends? If I order over the weekend will my delivery be on Monday or Tuesday?

I'm also wondering whether when those of you who are not medically incontinent order online you claim back from VAT - the website states that nappies for personal use are not subject for VAT, but obviously it is assuming people who want them for personal use want them because they need them. Would it be fraud to claim back the VAT? Or if they are for personal use, even if not medical, can VAT be claimed back?

Thanks to anyone who can offer me any information

I'm not certain, but I'd tentatively suggest that if you don't have medical proof that diapers are a necessity, don't risk claiming VAT. A fraud case would suck.

As for next day delivery, I ordered after 5pm on a Wednesday, and I got them early morning Friday. I don't think it's an option so much as an extra charge that they tack on. From what I remember, next day delivery is the only thing you get.

I'd hazard a guess that, if you ordered over a weekend, it wouldn't be processed until early Monday morning; so it would arrive on Tuesday, assuming the courier that they use only operates on 'working days'. I'm highly doubtful of a Sunday delivery.

Hope this helps ^^

i dont know about VAT claiming, i would imagine that you need a doctors note or something along those lines.

As for next day delivery, if you order in the morning you will definately get it the next day except if you order over the weekend. But they are very good and discreet.

rupertgrint

HI, I buy from a place in oldham google "tender-care diaper" and u should find them, they have VAT listed as ZERO a medical product is VAT free regardless of who is buying it and for what reason,

childrens cloths are also VAT free, CAKE is VAT free, non chocy cookies are as well, but choc cookis have vat lol , it's a weird system u should be fine,

Order and if it's not NEXT DAY u have a claim for some freebies from the company,

Adult Incontinence Products, Adult Incontinence Aids, UK <- shop here and lot, they come next day, so long as u don't order on a friday , then they will come monday, a late sunday order is tuesday, coz the order is classed as mondau

Ive ordered from them before. I placed my order fairly early in the morning the day before and it did indeed arrive the next day, fairly early again.

As for the VAT, I have no idea

heya all
    I have ordered from dorset on numerous occasions and completely read through the VAT forms and rules etc and i can tell you this, you are perfectly entitled to claim VAT, you do not need to provide medical proof when purchasing; the vat form can essentially be boiled down 'i am only going to use these products for personal reasons and not sell them on.

If anyone is in doubt read the rules for yourself they provide the link on the website.

I bought some Tena slip maxi directly at their store (not easy to find though, they clearly make most of their business by online selling and shipping to hospitals and nursing homes). The bill states a 17.5% VAT.
    I think you can claim back VAT for re-usuable incontinence products, not disposables.

Next day delivery means that if you order before the last post (and give them enough time to process the order and package it) (Charlie reckons 1pm), then they will dispatch it that day, and it will be delivered to you the following day, apart from weekends or bank holidays, or otherwise reduced service days. It will be delivered to you between normal working hours, at any point during those hours.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by rupertgrint View Post
    HI, I buy from a place in oldham google "tender-care diaper" and u should find them, they have VAT listed as ZERO a medical product is VAT free regardless of who is buying it and for what reason,

Order and if it's not NEXT DAY u have a claim for some freebies from the company,

Adult Incontinence Products, Adult Incontinence Aids, UK <- shop here and lot, they come next day, so long as u don't order on a friday , then they will come monday, a late sunday order is tuesday, coz the order is classed as mondau
    Thank you for the link - do the company ship in discreet packaging? How do the tender care nappies hold up in terms of absorbancy compared to Tena/Abena/Molicaire? :-)

rupertgrint

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    Thank you for the link - do the company ship in discreet packaging? How do the tender care nappies hold up in terms of absorbancy compared to Tena/Abena/Molicaire? :-)

Hey, I could not tell you, I was going to order some Tena last time, but it was cheeper to get these, have had them ship to me twice, it's over night, last time I orderd 90(which is their best deal) so it was 6 bags stacked 2x3 wrapped in thick black plastic, so it wont rip, the company name is on the invoice, but you would have to really be reading the small print,

If you want to use them a lot, get their super plus absorbency, and beware I'm sure there sizes are smaller than they say they are, so get a size up, or different sizes as a sample