Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your beginnings

Default Your beginnings

So here is a question for all of you. I remember a story of an AB who described going to the baby aisle (or going near, for that matter) as, "looking into the face of the beast". I'm 18, and I still tense up and shake when I even see a baby item that can be associated with paraphernalia. If I go shopping with parents or friends (who don't know about me), I almost go into a mild, temporary paralyzed state. Just seeing infant items scares (and excites) the living bejeezus out of me.

In short, does this happen to anyone else?

i remeber when i went with my brother to buy some stuff at the store. We went down the baby aisle becasue he needed diapers for his daughter and i was sort of panicking thinking like *don't look at stuff just stare down aisle and look at meat areaO.O* then he made me hold them after that he had me hold the diapers in my hand and was like O.O but i managed to keep my cool.

Any time i walk down a diaper isle, I'm like "just look straight ahead, don't look at the diapers." kratox you deserve an acting award for keeping your cool.

Yes it does. But it's not limited to the baby aisle. Even picking up condoms becomes annoying because opposite of the condoms is the adult diaper section. It's stop being a problem since I started buying adult diapers anyway. The baby aisle still gets that way when I'm with people, but when I'm alone it's fine. If anyone asks, you are trying to pick something out for a baby shower.

BernardFx

It's a BIG dilemma! I remember, I used to think:"Don't look at the diapers, because they might find out. But if I don't look at them, they might try to find out what's wrong. And if I look mildly, I can't stop looking at them. But I have to look at them, because I like them. But, don't look at the diapers, because they might find out. But if I don't look...

So, I would ask permission to go to another aisle, and have a look when the baby section was empty.

Sort of, I still live with my mum and without having actually told her she knows. Whether she knows what it is, or what its about I don't know but it hasn't driven any form of wedge between what is a fragile relationship. Anyway to cut to the chase, if I'm with her either out and about or say watching tv and a Pampers ad comes on or something I get kinda scratchy. There always feel like there is the mother of all awkward silences in the air although in reality its probably an everyday gap in speech.

Felt really uncomfortable for instance today as I stopped by her work (Was getting something repaired and didn't fancy waiting at the shop and it was too cold to go for a walk) and there was a woman there with a baby. My mum is a big kid fan (was a childminder) so was picking him up etc but I found myself fixated on daytime tv. It was awful, I couldn't hear it, nor did I know who was being interviewed. All I know is the bloke looked vaguely like Tom Jones but about 20years from now.
    But I shrugged it off with a whole "I'm just a bit stressed." Ugh, to further the original topic, I can't be the only one who if such a situation arises you want to be in the biggest hug, dressed as per with favourite teddy and dummy in situ?

Personally, seeing infant items doesn't mess with my mind.

I melt when I see dolls I like, though.

I laugh and joke about it. I (still) believe this is a funny thing to be into, but I like it just as much as anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    Anyway to cut to the chase, if I'm with her either out and about or say watching tv and a Pampers ad comes on or something I get kinda scratchy.
    I HATE the scratchy thing. I get that too, and it's a dead giveaway.