Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello adults (and teens I guess as this is "open)

rupertgrint

Default hello adults (and teens I guess as this is "open)

I'm new here, no I'm not "That" rupert, , I've posted an intro thread so it's there if you wish to read it.

Does anyone here find that being older (having a credit card) the world of baby products seems very easy to access, I mean the stuff on line is amazing

Also shopping, I was in a store the other day picking up my regular shopping, and I decided to treat me self to a bottle, as i was in the baby section getting wipes, and no one batted an eye, because I'm old enough that I could have a child so much fun

Must be hard for the kids these days, but I'm sure all these self service check outs are helping

I actually dislike self-checkouts. If I bring it to a person who I don't know and will probably never see again, then they probably won't care what I'm buying. If I go to a self-checkout and it screws up, then I need to call over a person and tell them EXACTLY what I'm buying. Ew... It helps that I'm poor and unwilling to buy things, though. lol

rupertgrint

I rock at teh self check out, never seem to have a problem unless it's an age restricted product :P I fell out of love with normal checkouts one after noon when all I needed was some condoms, and lubricants, the mother in front of me, was just staring at me behind her as the belt moved along.

I'll use normal checkouts if I'm babysitting, as I'll give baby money and make them carry their diapers around the store and pay, it adds to the role play quite a bit

esclol446

i usually dont have a problem anymorre with checkouts, i just buy em, run home, its not too hard

I've bought a Paci from the store and thats it. Now I only buy online, and its so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I actually dislike self-checkouts. If I bring it to a person who I don't know and will probably never see again, then they probably won't care what I'm buying. If I go to a self-checkout and it screws up, then I need to call over a person and tell them EXACTLY what I'm buying. Ew... It helps that I'm poor and unwilling to buy things, though. lol
    The clerks really could care less what you are buying. I have never had a clerk tell me, "I'm sorry sir, but I don't think you have a baby so I can't sell you that baby formula and baby food." They are there to do a job and sell products. Even when I was a little kid, I'd go into the store and buy a couple of jars of baby food and maybe some baby juice. The clerks just figure your mom sent you to the store to pick it up for a baby brother or sister. I normally just strike up a conversation with the clerk about something that's been happening around town and they don't think twice about what I am buying.

I like self checkouts, but I don't really have major issues with a regular checkout.

Meh, not too many places out here with self checkouts. (Wal-Mart had em, but removed em because they were too much trouble, constantly breaking down and such.)

Doesn't bother me either way, I'm not nervous as long as I buy em with other random stuff, too.

Quote Originally Posted by babygary View Post
    The clerks really could care less what you are buying. I have never had a clerk tell me, "I'm sorry sir, but I don't think you have a baby so I can't sell you that baby formula and baby food." They are there to do a job and sell products. Even when I was a little kid, I'd go into the store and buy a couple of jars of baby food and maybe some baby juice. The clerks just figure your mom sent you to the store to pick it up for a baby brother or sister. I normally just strike up a conversation with the clerk about something that's been happening around town and they don't think twice about what I am buying.
    ...I think you misread my post. I have NO issues dealing with regular clerks. It's self-checkouts that I don't like. Like I said, it's easier to bring it to a person I don't know who probably won't even realise what items he's putting together. If a self-checkout breaks, then an employee needs to come over and look at the EXACT items you're buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    ...I think you misread my post. I have NO issues dealing with regular clerks. It's self-checkouts that I don't like. Like I said, it's easier to bring it to a person I don't know who probably won't even realise what items he's putting together. If a self-checkout breaks, then an employee needs to come over and look at the EXACT items you're buying.
    A regular clerk has to touch everything you buy since they have to run it through the scanner. In the self-check line, only in the rare occasion that something won't scan does the employee ever know what you are buying. Just seems that the clerk in the regular line has more contact with the EXACT items you are buying, so don't think that could be misread. Anyways, to each their own. I have no problem with either line. I've been buying a sleeper in the regular checkout and had them have to do a price check with the department the sleeper was from and I never batted an eye. They really don't care so why should I?