Thread: Want a quiet yet absorbent disposable nappy (UK)

crazykittensmile

Default Want a quiet yet absorbent disposable nappy (UK)

Tomorrow I am going back to the house I share with a friend (who has no idea I like nappies) and I want to be able to wear nappies around the house occasionally, when we watch films in the evening for example.

At the moment I usually wear Tena Slip Maxi nappies, but although they're not too noisy they still let off a distinctive crinkle when I move. I am worried that if I wear them around the house they will give my secret away.

So I am wondering if anybody can recommend an absorbent disposable nappy available in the UK (over the internet is fine) that doesn't crinkle too much? Cloth isn't an option as I wouldn't be able to discreetly wash and dry the nappies & plastic pants. I won't be very active when wearing them (just walking around the house) and it doesn't matter if the nappies are thick - I find wearing loose PJs and a dressing gown work well to hide any bulges.

I suspect that cloth-backed nappies would be the quietest, but I have often heard bad reviews about these suggesting they leak and don't offer much absorbency. Does anybody know of a fairly absorbent cloth-backed adult nappy?

If anybody has any advice for hiding/reducing the crinkle nappies make that would be really helpful as well.

Thanks for reading and for any help/advice you can share

Hope this is some help: I use Tena Slip Plus and they are silent. If you put boxers (or tight shorts) over any nappy they'll be silent or at least extremely quiet. Tena Plus with no pants on are silent (as far as I can hear anyway lol). I think that because they are thinner there is less ability for noise to be made. The penalty, however, is less absorbency. Personally, I think that TS Plus are the quietest that you'll find (Abena are noisy along with Lille/Kendall - molicare tend to be quite noisy too I found).

Choice of clothes is important too - jeans tend to be quieter than trakkie bottoms.

Hope this was some help.

You could try an attends flexair comfort these are cloth backed diapers
    they seem to work fine for me, i think though with any cloth backed diaper if you wear it for too long it is in evitable it will start to wick moisture into the cloth part eventually. I get mine over the internet directly from attends and have found them to be very helpful. Hope this helps.

attends slips are pretty quiet; mind you, i think that tena-slip are quiet. kendall's lille are [un]cloth-like, though they do have issues with seeping, rather than leaking (the outer material seems to draw the moisture from the pad, mainly between the legs). moliflex are also clothishlessness, and while very absorbant, they are let down by the cut/design of the nappy and will leak; i wear trainer-pants over mine - works a treat! quality trainer-pants can be had from Providing advice on incontinence and also provide information on prescription and non-prescription products which can be discreetly delivered to your home and i'd advise going a size up from what you'd expect. the multi-layered pants also work with bedwetting dispies (drynites, etc) and the triple-layered works on it's own for bedwetting (though with a narrower crotch than the single-layered, they're not suitable for day/standing use). note that the double-layered has it's thickness just in the centre, while the triple has it all round.

edit: just noticed that they're still having some problems with their site, best to phone an order, trust me on that. they're scousers and nice and friendly and aren't too nosey.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    At the moment I usually wear Tena Slip Maxi nappies, but although they're not too noisy they still let off a distinctive crinkle when I move. I am worried that if I wear them around the house they will give my secret away.

So I am wondering if anybody can recommend an absorbent disposable nappy available in the UK (over the internet is fine) that doesn't crinkle too much? Cloth isn't an option as I wouldn't be able to discreetly wash and dry the nappies & plastic pants. I won't be very active when wearing them (just walking around the house) and it doesn't matter if the nappies are thick - I find wearing loose PJs and a dressing gown work well to hide any bulges.

I suspect that cloth-backed nappies would be the quietest, but I have often heard bad reviews about these suggesting they leak and don't offer much absorbency. Does anybody know of a fairly absorbent cloth-backed adult nappy?
    Check out Tena Flex maxi's or Abena AbriWings - both cloth backed and don't leak. Many years ago when I was also in the same position as you, sharing a flat with people who didn't know, I found the abriwings were perfect. Rest assured, cloth backed does not mean leaks!

My advice here is,the cloth-backed 'incontinence undergarments' (as I sometimes term them) are usually the quieter, and some are more absorbent than others,mind you....

Ive found out that plastic pants make nappies virtually crinkle free compared to boxers. I can wear under my sleeper without anyone knowing

I wear boxer breifs that are quite tight over mine and it stops any crinkling

I do the same with boxers. And at night they act in a good way to hold the nappy up and stop sagging, as I imagine a onesie would.

I wear Depends underwear (they come for men and women), I have worn them all day for several days and never heard any sound. I can wear them to work!