Thread: PO'ed

Angry PO'ed

So I had placed an order for some Secure Brand right off the web site. They calculated my shipping, took the money etc.. today I get an e-mail about refunding my order because they "don't ship to Canada" .. WFT? Then why give the option on your website? Why have a shipping tool that calculates to Canada? geeezee! This really makes my diaper boil!

Canada has recently implemented some incredibly draconian import laws, at least from what I am guessing. A lot of places have stopped shipping to Canada because of it anyway that used to ship to Canada. I suspect they might be lifted in a few years? Yours isn't an uncommon case.

Secure might simply have not updated their website yet to reflect that, but I've seen other diaper companies while browsing say they no longer ship to Canada.

Actually due to the NAFTA there are really no problematic import/export laws between Canada and US, only criminal brokerage charges by shipping companies.

I dont know why they are not shipping to Canada. Canada is awesome! I took a trip there last summer =D

Thanks man. USA's pretty damn cool in it's ways too! (As an avid hunter / angler / motorcyclist USA has some of the #1 places that you can actually get to without having to fly in)

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    Actually due to the NAFTA there are really no problematic import/export laws between Canada and US, only criminal brokerage charges by shipping companies.
    Agreed, there are some online retailers that won't ship to Canada because the manufacturer of their goods forbids it, mostly due to warrantee and the fact that they like to jack up the prices in Canada. Onkyo and JVC for example will not let their American retailers ship to Canada, they instead have Canadian retailers that resell their products at inflated prices. That's the only time I've ever had an issue trying to order online from the US. Not sure what the reason would be for secure not shipping to Canada.

My suggestion is to order from Adult Diapers, Plastic Pants, Vinyl Pants, Incontinence Products/Supplies | B4NS.com they don't have secure brand, but they have the entire Abena and Molicare line, and Bambinos. They're based in Quebec as well, so the shipping is really fast and discrete, they are the best supplier in Canada for sure.
    Last edited by Smurf; 10-Sep-2010 at 01:31.

Ah, a warranty thing makes sense.