Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Accident

Default First Accident

Yesterday I got into my first car accident. I had the green and the lady I hit ran a red making a left hand turn and we hit hard. My car was totaled. However I only had 2 scratches on my left arm and my back hurts a bit, but for the most part I was fine, pissed as hell about my car, but i'm fine.

I got in an accident last october. I was turning right dude passed me on the right and I smashed him. It was his fault. Got my new pc from money leftover from repair. Good thing you just walked away with scratches.

My first car crash was about 6.5 years ago. Me and my brother were going to pick up my 1990 CRX I had just bought. I was in my vary rare 1988 Mitsubishi cordia turbo. I had just had $1500 worth of work done on it and just had it painted. I was behind a dodge truck and he decided to turn at the last sec. I slamed my brakes on and stoped before I hit him but the guy behind me in a large chevy van didnt even hit his brakes. He hit me so hard the bacl of my car crumpled all the way to the tired. So hard it broke all the windows in the rear. And pushed me into the dodge so hard the truck trailer hitch went trew my bumper, intercooler, radiator, and punched a hole in my motor. My headlight were at the front tires.

The hit was so hard it knocked me out. I came to as my brother was climbing out his window. I then tried to unbuckel but was hurting so bad i couldnt look down. My brother reched in my window and unbucked my belt and helped me climb out my window. I laid down across the street from my car and didnt move until the paramedics loaded me into the ambalance. I had to wear a neck brace for 3 weeks and my neck stilll hirts from time to time. I ended up sueing the guy for my car and med bills and won. I still miss that car.

Glad you're okay. I'm sure someone has told you this but don't be in any rush to settle on the medical. It could easily take a week or more for you to develop any problems. I'm not encouraging you to fleece insurance for something you didn't sustain but in the accidents I was in, it was a couple days before the worst effects hit me.

I'm glad your ok and i hope your back feels better. Like trevor said wait a couple days because some injures are weird and they like to hide then come out of no were!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Glad you're okay. I'm sure someone has told you this but don't be in any rush to settle on the medical. It could easily take a week or more for you to develop any problems. I'm not encouraging you to fleece insurance for something you didn't sustain but in the accidents I was in, it was a couple days before the worst effects hit me.

Yep, my back, neck, and shoulders hurt like hell now. I got insurance working on it though(evealuating the incident).

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Yep, my back, neck, and shoulders hurt like hell now. I got insurance working on it though(evealuating the incident).
    Back injury problems do not always present immediately, always err on the side of caution. You do need to see a doctor as soon as possible to have registered officially your back discomfort. If this problem abates – then fine, if not you will then at least have comeback.

LilLillyKitten

That sucks; getting in accidents sucks... Glad you're okay; I hope that anyone else who was involved was as well.

Mk12121

Wow... your one of the lucky ones. Your lucky you didn't get killed or something. Hope you feel better and make sure you get revenge on that lady :P