Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Cloth Diapers Online

Question Buying Cloth Diapers Online

I would like to buy an adult cloth diaper but don't know which would be the best ABUnivers Velcro Cloth Diaper, The ABC cloth diaper from B4NS, or something from Babykins. Ive been looking through out websites that ship to Canada and i would like some thing with a Velcro fastener but don't know much about cloth. Which one would be more absorbent and most comfortable i have a $50 dollar limit including shipping and handling. I was just wondering what you guys would recommend I got a 28 inch waist?
    Last edited by LilMikey; 07-Sep-2010 at 09:27.

That's the easy thing about cloth diapers. ALL of the manufacturers have size charts. I suggest you use them. And don't forget plastic pants!

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by LilMikey View Post
    I would like to buy an adult cloth diaper but don't know which would be the best ABUnivers Velcro Cloth Diaper, The ABC cloth diaper from B4NS, or something from Babykins. Ive been looking through out websites that ship to Canada and i would like some thing with a Velcro fastener but don't know much about cloth. Which one would be more absorbent and most comfortable i have a $50 dollar limit including shipping and handling. I was just wondering what you guys would recommend I got a 28 inch waist?
    Lil Mikey, since you live in BC, and you want cloth diapers, the logical thing is for you to order from the Kins adult division of Babykins. They are located in Richmond, BC. They have a large selection they make at their factory in Canada. I live in California and order from Kins because I prefer their soft vinyl pants. They provide excellent service and are super nice people.

Which one would you recommend I really know nothing about cloth like which would better? DPF Cloth Diaper or the KINS Adult Velcro Cotton Diaper (whats the difference)?
    Thank you for your time.

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by LilMikey View Post
    Which one would you recommend I really know nothing about cloth like which would better? DPF Cloth Diaper or the KINS Adult Velcro Cotton Diaper (whats the difference)?
    Thank you for your time.
    Personally I prefer pinned cloth diapers, because they tend to be easier to wash and dry, and I am used to them.

Cloth diapers need to fit you. The best thing to do is pick up the phone and talk to one of the nice ladies at Kins. I suggest ordering one of each in the size Kins recommends. Wash them carefully before wearing them. They wear each kind to bed to see what you like.

As far as I know Kins is AB/DL aware, but be polite and avoid any babytalk. Just ask about size. they will explain the features of their diapers. You should also visit their website.

I got my cloth diapers from Gabbys which is in Canada. They're very soft, comfy and durable. Their plastic pants are so far very good as well.

Cloth advice? I find gauze to be plenty comfortable, and I prefer flat, not concluded or prefold, diapers, and I prefer to pin my own. I find with flat diapers that I can shape them and layer them as I want to, amd then I can pin them to get the fit I want. Flat diapers are also a lot less expensive than prefolds or contoured stuff.

Definitely check out the size charts that any of the sites and manufacturers worth dealing with will offer, but remember that a lot of those don't necessarily take shrinkage into account, even if they say they do. Order a small quantity at first to get an idea of what you like and learn how to care for them. Of course, cute plastic pants are a must! Also, onesies are a HUGE help with cloth diapers, as cloth will sag a lot once wet.

Also, check out adultclothdiaper dot com. Great site, good prices, and the stiff holds up pretty well.

I also recommend Kins, too. Jenny, the owner, is very nice. They make good stuff and take care of their customers. Too, they're local to you: support your local economy, and all that. I like pin-ons. Get a size larger than you need today. With the velcro, it's uncomfortable when the waist-band rolls over from moving about.
    Too, get a nylon or polyester pant coated with vinyl. The plain vinyl pants don't last as long. Jenny is a sweetheart, you'll enjoy dealing with her.