Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Kids Names...

Default Stupid Kids Names...

This is a thread about stupid kids names. Because listening to some parents shout at their kids is really starting to irritate me.

Just yesterday at work, I encountered a 'Tilly', TWO kids called 'Lincoln' and a goddamn, effin' 'Marcie'. Who was no more than about two

What's the stupidest kids name you've come across?

Or are you that stupidly-named kid?

Either way, what the hell are we doing to our next generation...!?

Well, I've come across many.

Let's see, I went to high school with a Mohamed Mohamed (seriously, both first and last names the same).
    My mom once taught a kid named Marquis, whose parents insisted it was pronounced "Mar - qwEEse".
    I have seriously seen so many, I can't even recall them all, they're just so terrible.

My mom also went to school with a pair of twin girls named Ima and Eura Pigg

And here's a record breaker, destroying the English language:
    A-a which is pronounced "Adasha".... not kidding.
    I haven't seen that myself, but saw it in an a newspaper somewhere.

If I remember more hilarity, I will post it, lol.

Courtney Cox and David Arquiette (sp) named their daughter Coco.

I knew a little boy named Montana and I knew of a Ashland, my mom's cousin's daughter.

One woman I knew named her son Jackson.

I remember reading in the newspaper about 15 years ago about a Japanese couple whose baby was taken away from them by the government because they wanted to name him Akuma - which, by Western standards, is the equivalent of naming him Satan. Classy stuff, huh?

Butterfly Mage

Wasn't there some nutcase who named his kids "Adolph Hitler" and "Aryan Nation"? ::sigh:: I'd be camping out at the courthouse the night before my 18th birthday if someone did that to me -- just so I'd be first in line for a name change.

I've encountered a defendant named "Raygun" (ironic, since he was arrested on a firearm charge).

Then there was a "Latrina". Egads.

Then there are all the misspellings of "Antoine": How about "Antione", "Antwan", and "Antwun"?

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Coco.
    Speaking of Coco, how about the Oakland Athletic's own, Coco Crisp? How is that not supposed to make a kid feel like a bowl of cereal?

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Well, I've come across many.

Let's see, I went to high school with a Mohamed Mohamed (seriously, both first and last names the same).
    That's ridiculous! On the subject of Muslim names... One of my exes had a friend called Suhdeep (pronounced Suck-deep)..! I laughed for hours!

And here's a record breaker, destroying the English language:
    A-a which is pronounced "Adasha".... not kidding.
    Indeed, the English language and it's creators are simultaneously weeping and spinning in their grave. I can only imagine the point is to actually SAY the dash(hyphen) in 'A-a'... Some people's creativity (i.e stupidity/ridiculousness) never ceases to amaze me.

That's actually very common.

My brother's friend was on a soccer team with a girl named "Ivanna Popadich" pronounced exactly how you'd think it would be.

Some celebrity named their kid "Apple". Seriously, just look up "funny celebrity kids' names".

crazykittensmile

Anna Ryder Richardson (minor celebrity in the UK) whose daughters are called Bibi-Belle and Dixie-Dot! And I'm sure those aren't even the weirdest celebrity names (I'm thinking Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple!).

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    Just yesterday at work, I encountered a 'Tilly', TWO kids called 'Lincoln' and a goddamn, effin' 'Marcie'.
    I work at a nursery and Tilly actually seems quite a popular name at the moment (short for Matilda usually and sometimes Tallulah or Natalie). I've also met a Marcie and the similarish Maisie and Millie are seemingly quite popular too. If you look at the Top 100 baby girl names of 2009 (Baby names top 100: get the full list | News | guardian.co.uk ) you'll see quite a lot of non-traditional names (Lexi and Lola for example) on there.

The strangest named children I can think of right now include a girl called Catchura-Florence (What a mouthful, and she was called Kitty for short too!), twin boys called Mackensie & Levis (both clothing brands in the UK) and a little girl called Oxana. I'm sure there are others as well, will try and have a think!

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    One woman I knew named her son Jackson.
    I've also met several Jacksons (although usually shortened to Jack) as well as a Lawson.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Wasn't there some nutcase who named his kids "Adolph Hitler" and "Aryan Nation"?
    Yep! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...are-state.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post

Some celebrity named their kid "Apple". Seriously, just look up "funny celebrity kids' names".
    That defeats the object, though. We all know celebs are morons with baby names, and there's a long history of it.

It's more interesting hearing personal encounters with idiot names