Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My one-month coin!

Default My one-month coin!

This is a vanity post, that probably should have been a blog, but fuck it, this is a milestone for me.

I got my one-month sobriety coin! Just a few days ago. Everybody at the meeting expected me to say something when the coin was given to me, I did not know what to say. I did not stay sober for one month because I knew any of the answers to a lifetime of sobriety, that's for damn sure. I just thanked the people who kept talking to me, and left it at that....

Hell, the first couple of weeks of sobriety after my last relapse was pretty rough. Thankfully, it is getting somewhat easier. I now have 37 days without alcohol, and almost four months without weed. More money for video games, oh, my!

I did not think AA would be able to help me, you can thank Penn & Teller for that. I went to my first meeting around three months ago, and it was totally not what I was expecting. People there were lively, friendly, very open. There is no self-loathing amongst the longtimers at the meetings I have been going to. Many of people have fallen harder than I have, yet they have picked themselves up and now are living very good lives. That's enough motivation to keep me going on the program.

So, that is where I am at now.

I know some people love to slam on AA, and that's OK. That does not affect my recovery one bit.

Butterfly Mage

Congratulations. One month is a good start. I can really empathize with you since there is so much addiction in my family. May your higher power guide you on your journey.

Congratulations and a big hug, RebornKaworu! Hang in there and continue on this path. Likely after the addiction issues have calmed, you'll still need to face and address the underlying issues of your addictive behavior and possibly the consequences of the wake of chaos that an addiction has on ones personal life.

Your one month coin is a symbol, as it were, a powerful talisman of your rebirth.

PM me any time - DR

Well, That's amazing. Believe me I know what I'm saying, especialy in Poland alcoholism it's a huge problem. And when someone manage to stay without alcohol for about 1 month it will be much easier for you. It's just Diapered Rabitt said. :

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabitt
    Your one month coin is a symbol, as it were, a powerful talisman of your rebirth.

Don't think of it as vanity, going sober is tough and you earned that coin and you should be extremely proud of yourself. Keep at it. Congratulations on your first month of sobriety.

Congratulations man. That's really awesome! One of my close friends(a fellow DL as well) just recieved his 1 Year coin. Definitely an accomplishment you should rejoice in. It is not an easy thing to do. And you've got lots of friends here and in your real life to lean on for support and encouragement.

Keep it up!!

That's amazing! Good for you!

My brother is also a recovering alcoholic, and I've been through the pain with him, watching him self destruct every few months, so I'm so happy and proud of you for getting that first month under your belt! It's such a great acheivement!

I don't want to be the one to put a downer on this thread, but the tough bit starts now. You've acheived so much, which means there's so much more to lose! Know that we'll still be here no matter what happens

Good luck for the future

Congrats Take one day at a time. I has been well over 12 years for me that I have been dry. I don't know if I was even considered an alcoholic but with both parents that were I didn't take any chances. I just up and stopped cold turkey and have not looked back since. Believe me there have been many chances and circumstances that I wanted to drink again and I just said no!

Quote Originally Posted by RebornKaworu View Post
    This is a vanity post, that probably should have been a blog, but fuck it, this is a milestone for me.

I got my one-month sobriety coin! Just a few days ago.
    Congrats!!! Lets hope for many years to come you remain sober.

Good job and congrats i just wish some of my family had the will power to do the same thing