Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 year old windows + small room + 115w subwoofer = this...

Default 60 year old windows + small room + 115w subwoofer = this...

60 year old windows + small room + 115w subwoofer + Kanye's Good Life = this:
    http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1139/dscn7005yt0cy5.jpg

Right on time, I guess. New windows are shipping as we speak :P. For those who don't know, my house recently caught fire back in February and repair is nearly done. New floors, etc... basically new house. Of course, my room was last to get the new windows. Oh well.

Peachy

You're lucky that this happened during spring, and not during winter! Otherwise, you would need an extra layer of padding on your butt to keep you warm.

However, who the heck owns a house with windows that haven't been replaced in 60 (!) years. Most houses here have double-glazing nowadays, and those windows go blind after about 20-30 years because moisture creeps into the vacuum between the two layers of glass.

Better use your headphones for a while until the house has been fixed. Wouldn't want to shake the entire house and make it collapse!

Peachy

hehe, yeah, these windows are just one pane of pure glass, according to my grandfather who installed them all those years ago when he first purchased the house (for $11,000!).

Anyway, glad that they're about to be replaced... they're a racket! During the night and when the wind picks up the raddle is just overly loud. My room is the last room to get the new windows because they needed to be custom made to fit the size...

Looks like the windows that were in my old house, they were replaced when I was a little kid I remember the guys putting them in.

And you did need extra cloths to stay warm, think thats why I'm so partial to footed pajamas, that I still wear today.

I've replaced most of the windows in my house with doublepanes. Frankly, I got tired of painting them, so I got white vinyl. I've still got 5 more to do. They're expensive. I know you'll be glad when your room is done, not to mention the smell of burned wood. Just keep on rock'n, which I did last weekend with my band.

Shoot those look like some farm windows. Is glad to be in a modern house.

Good thing you are getting new ones.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    However, who the heck owns a house with windows that haven't been replaced in 60 (!) years. Most houses here have double-glazing nowadays, and those windows go blind after about 20-30 years because moisture creeps into the vacuum between the two layers of glass.
    Heh... a lot of houses here are really old. They don't build the old, classical designs anymore - not that I've seen for a long time. A few of my friends lived in these very Victorian-style houses where the windows were older than their parents. O_O

^ I know, lukie! There are windows down in the dining room that are the ORIGINAL windows put in, in 1904!!! Needless to say, they're so old, they look wavy and they don't even open, they're so old (and if you've seen old windows, doesn't matter what or who's house it is, the dirt you see keeps you from trying) haha!

Our windows are as thin as paper, but they have metal tracks, so they don't rattle too much when you decide to open up 1500 watts of speakers. The house rattles more, and you can even feel vibrations in the car. o_O

I've got a number of ancient windows in my house. They just simply don't need to be replaced, as the weather sealing we use keeps the interior and exterior enviroment seperate. Some are so old you can see the glass (which is a liquid in its form used on windows by the way... its just an incredibly viscous liquid) distorting as gravity pulls them out of shape.