Thread: Religious Small Groups

Default Religious Small Groups

Do you belong to any small groups within your Church, Temple, Synagogue, Mosque, etc?

I do not mean just being a member. More of the small groups (eg., Singles, Elders, College, High School, Mens, Womans, Prayer, Bible Study, etc)?

If yes, what do you gain from the experience? Share an experience. Do you attend regularly?

Please try to avoid religion debate on this thread. Thanks.
    (Note: I know other faiths believe in different places of worship I was just naming a few.)

Butterfly Mage

I am a member of a Wicca group that is affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist church.

We have "life groups" in our church. Basically it's just a small circle of friends who gather in each-others homes on a weeknight, and we discuss things that have been going on throughout the week and such. Bit of bible study thrown in too, but all in all it's a good way to have a quiet night with your friends. To me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    We have "life groups" in our church. Basically it's just a small circle of friends who gather in each-others homes on a weeknight, and we discuss things that have been going on throughout the week and such. Bit of bible study thrown in too, but all in all it's a good way to have a quiet night with your friends. To me at least.
    ours is similar to that. we meet weekly at somebody's house and currently we are doing a series called the hole in our gospal. Good series. Just started last week, but I have to miss it this week