Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK...the REAL stig!

Default OK...the REAL stig!

At first Top Gear tried to pass off Michael Schumacher as the Stig, but that was quickly written off as a joke. NOW the real Stig has been revealed through a book. If you don't want to know the real Stig's identity, then don't click the link

The Stig's ID is 'Top Gear' secret no more - Yahoo! News

Now that the real Stig's ID is out of the bag, i feel...well disappointed actually.

The major basis of the Stig's popularity was the mystery behind the helmet. Now that he's taken off the helmet it defeats the 7 years of fun and mystery while driving around Top Gear. It's a shame that all that hard work is probably going to come to an end. Now the next question...how are they going to kill him off?

Dwhite

Well they already fired the guy and i think the bbc is sueing to stop the release of the book. They will kill him off in some firey explosion in next seasons first episode. And it has to be explosion, because the took the last one off of a boat... well an aircraft carier but close enough. And i bet the bring the black stig back from the ocean.

I hope they kill him off by suing him into the dirt. He signed a non-disclosure agreement, and the profits from his book are purely from his violation of same. So, I hope that BBC gets all the money that HarperCollins makes from the book, and that this guy ends up penniless (quid-less?)

I knew it. I have just won $20.

Seriously though, I hope they find a new Stig, this is very disappointing to me. It hasn't really been a secret, even before this, and now the damage has been done, what more can the BBC do?

Why is this such a big deal? From what I read on wiki... he test drives a car. So what? How does this change anything?

^It's because us viewers; it kind of actually makes the show less boring to watch. I almost look forward to just watching the Stig on every TG show. Not that the rest aren't boring, but the Stig has been around for a while, and his former annomity made the viewers that much more excited...I guess.

Dwhite

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Why is this such a big deal? From what I read on wiki... he test drives a car. So what? How does this change anything?
    Well the guy is a secret. Thats the point of his charecter. Yes, all he does is drive a car if you boil it down to the most basic, but the mystery about him is fun to. And before they show his drive, one of the host's always says some odd statment about him. The fact that you know who it is kinda ruins it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhite View Post
    Well the guy is a secret. Thats the point of his charecter. Yes, all he does is drive a car if you boil it down to the most basic, but the mystery about him is fun to. And before they show his drive, one of the host's always says some odd statment about him. The fact that you know who it is kinda ruins it.
    I don't get this... I could understand if there was a prize involved, but if I put a mask on and did my every day thing, would you guys be more interested in my life just because you didn't know what my name/face was?

I don't get this... I could understand if there was a prize involved, but if I put a mask on and did my every day thing, would you guys be more interested in my life just because you didn't know what my name/face was?

He is very very good at what he does. In the reasonably priced car, the only F1 driver that is faster than him is Reubans Barrachello. Not Mansell, not Hamilton, not Button. And no one even knew who he was. Imagine someone beating out the very best in the very top level of a sport, and no one has any idea who the man is! The very idea is just astounding, which is part of the mystique surrounding The Stig. So, it's a big deal if you like cars, or racing, or that sort of thing. If it just doesn't interest you, then I can see why you wouldn't understand the hubbub.

Dwhite

Well i dont know, im not sure if you would make an interesting person with a mask on. But yes he is more interesting because we dont know him. The whole thing is also funny, the things that they say before they show the lap wouldnt be as fun if we knew who the person was.