Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently I have too much change in my car.

Default Apparently I have too much change in my car.

So I think a work colleague might have seen my paci today.

There was a group of us going to lunch, with some of the group coming from different locations. Since there was me and one other person coming from my building, I offered to drive.

In my car, I have a cubby next to the steering column that I throw change into, and I also have one of my pacis in there (a modified Nuk 5 from pacifiersrus with a paci clip). When I shifted into 2nd gear, I must have lurched the car a bit, and combined with the fact that the cubby is now filled to the brim with change from my nearly daily Tim Hortons visits, my paci fell off the top of the change and onto the floor, making a distinct noise. My colleague looked down, and then looked back up just as quick as someone could look up and paused a second. I immediately re-engaged the conversation and reached down to pick up the paci and put it back. She didn't say anything, but I'm sure she saw it. I can only imagine what she was thinking, given that we were talking about furries and adult babies after a colleague made a reference last time we all went to lunch.

It's not the end of the world, I'm not going to lose my job or anything, and I don't get too embarrassed about these sorts of things (just a bit embarrassed). All that said, I found it kinda funny and thought I'd share.

Mk12121

Heh... interesting story :P You said that you were talking about adult babies and furries... does she know you are one?

Ooh, awkward! On first reading I just sort of skimmed over it and it didn't look too bad. Surely the pacifier could belong to someone else if your passenger didn't look too closely. Then, I read more carefully and saw this bit:

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    I can only imagine what she was thinking, given that we were talking about furries and adult babies after a colleague made a reference last time we all went to lunch.
    I'd find that pretty awful indeed! Good for you that you don't tend to get embarassed.

Tell her you were the only male invited to a baby shower and it was a door prize/gag gift. You keep it around for sentimental reasons.

Pfft, that's why Americans aren't allowed at Tim Horton's. They always mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Pfft, that's why Americans aren't allowed at Tim Horton's. They always mess it up.
    Bite me, I used to work at Tim Horton's, and I was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk12121 View Post
    Heh... interesting story :P You said that you were talking about adult babies and furries... does she know you are one?

I think she does now. Interesting story though pretty funny.

That reminds me of the time I had 4 people from my department including the big boss in my truck. After a few moments I started to freak out remembering that I had my diaper bag under the back seat. The big boss was in the back seat but thankfully she was to preoccupied with hugging my teddy bears that were sitting next to her & not being nosy as to what the bag was that was sticking out from under the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    pfft, whatev. We have a ton of Tim Hos here in the D, and I love them very much. If anything I should blame the US government for having dollar bills instead of coins.

Truth be told, though, I'm just as happy she didn't ask about it at all. I don't lie very well and I certainly didn't have a plausible backup story. Everyone knows I'm gay and that I'm not a fan of children (at least real children, the adult variety are cool!). I probably would have wound up telling the truth. That's usually what I do when I get caught (which gas happened a few times since I mostly don't care if I get caught).

Thats great. Run away paci. LOL

I had another tech ride with me on my route a few weeks ago and I forgot I opened my diaper bag/laptop bag to get something out of it. He got in and as I opened my door I saw him look down into it. As soon as my door opened he looked up. I got in and just moved the bag behind my seat. He never said anything about the entire day. I know he saw my diapers and travel pack of wipes because the bag is divided into 2 sections and I opened the diaper bag side. So now 2 people at work know I wear. The other I told.