Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short people

Default Short people

I just ran across something on the Internet about Docs giving growth hormone to very short kids. It made me wonder about this forum and how many people here are very short and/or have needed growth hormone. Personally, I am not short - adult height of 5' 10". But, had I been very short as a kid, I'm undecided if I would have wanted GH. As an ABDL, shorter seems better, however being a kid who is much shorter than all his peers I'm sure would have some social consequences.

Any takers on this topic?

I'm 6'3, so never really had a problem with being short. However, my best friend is right around 5'1, and he had a helluva time with it growing up. I felt bad for him, though that's not why we're friends, we're friends because his family is pretty well off and he has lots of cool stuff. (not really for that reason, he's a good friend. )

Back on topic, I think growth hormones would be kind of an interesting decision. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but if I were short, i'd rather come to terms with the way I am, as opposed to modifying my body in that manner. I couldn't really find a politer way to say that, so please don't take it the wrong way. I can see the other side though, being short can be rather tough at times, and I could never blame anyone for getting growth hormones to deal with that.

I can definitely see being short being advantageous for *B/DLs, since shorter folk can fit into those sleepers they sell at Target and other 'kid' stuff. But I don't think that choosing to be short just so that you can indulge in *B/DL activities easier is necessarily a good idea. In my opinion, *B/DL should ideally be something like a hobby, something that you do for fun, but don't base major life decisions on. But that's just an opinion of mine, and you know what they say about opinions.

I'm 5'6" tall, which is quite short for a guy. As far as I know, being short has never been an obstacle to my success as a person; even though I wasn't a 'natural fit' for lots of sports because of my height, I found my niche (wrestling, in high school). In other areas of my life, I've done quite well; I hold two university degrees (finishing my third right now) and I have a really good job lined up for after graduation. Whether my success is because of or in spite of being short, I don't know. What I do know is that it's part of what makes me 'me' and, because I'm quite happy with who I am, I wouldn't change it. Sure, being short has its disadvantages (not being able to reach things that are high up, for one), but everyone has challenges to over come in their lives.

Personally, I wouldn't take growth hormones (GH) to make me taller, or go the surgical route either, for that matter. I also don't think I would give them to my kids, just to make them taller. It seems to me that giving GH to kids who are short is trying to cure a non-existent problem; height, as I've said, is part of what makes us unique. I wouldn't take (or give) drugs to change my kids eye, hair, or skin colour, so why would I give them drugs to change their height? Of course, if there were some sort of health issue that GH would solve and increased height was a side effect, that's a totally different matter. What I object to, though, is the idea that there's some sort of intrinsic 'problem' with being short which requires an unnecessary (to my mind) intervention.

Peachy

I'm 1.75 meters. I believe the average is like 1.80m for males, but the missing 5cm don't bother me much.

I used to be extremely small for my age. I almost doubled my size starting in 9th grade and ending in 11th. I'm now an amazing 5'6" and 135LBS.

163 cm, or within one cm of 5'6".

I like being short. When I'm walking around I feel small, and I really like it. Everyone's taller than me, but no point in getting worked up over that. Occasionally I get jokes about it, but it's not something I can help, so I really don't care. I see it as a plus. Whenever I see an *B that's really tall with long hair and a beard I think "how can you ever get in the right "zone" when you look like that?". It just seems to be so against what you'd like.

I was short and skinny for my age up until I was about 14 years old, then I really started to grow. I now stand at 5'8.5" tall. I could be mistaken for a younger age.

I am 5-11, so about 175cm. Height is one of the rare area where I have always been quite average, and that did nothing to prevent bullying at school. Actually, most of the short people at school where really popular...

I am also quite unsure about the medical justification for giving HGH to kids that only need it for "social" reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    163 cm, or within one cm of 5'6".

I like being short. When I'm walking around I feel small, and I really like it. Everyone's taller than me, but no point in getting worked up over that. Occasionally I get jokes about it, but it's not something I can help, so I really don't care. I see it as a plus. Whenever I see an *B that's really tall with long hair and a beard I think "how can you ever get in the right "zone" when you look like that?". It just seems to be so against what you'd like.
    I'm 5'8", not a towering monster, and not all that tall when I was a high school senior. But while in high school we had a senior who was considerably shorter, looked very young, and quite frankly was vastly cute. The student body loved this kid, but I loved him more...teehee. He really turned me own. He was very popular and quite athletic as he was on the gymnastic team. So you should feel good about yourself Zephie, and I'll bet there are both girls and guys who like you at your school......A LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm 5'8", not a towering monster, and not all that tall when I was a high school senior. But while in high school we had a senior who was considerably shorter, looked very young, and quite frankly was vastly cute. The student body loved this kid, but I loved him more...teehee. He really turned me own. He was very popular and quite athletic as he was on the gymnastic team. So you should feel good about yourself Zephie, and I'll bet there are both girls and guys who like you at your school......A LOT!
    ...people literally laughed at the idea of someone liking me. Seriously, I've had one girlfriend and people thought she was mentally deficient or something (Which, after dating her for a while, I believe them. She could barely read, and failed a test whose sole purpose was to confirm that students are literate by grade 10).