Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earl

Default Earl

So, How bout that Hurricane?
    Earl is a Category 4 Hurricane that's predicted to head north along the East coast. Earl is predicted to be a Major Hurricane (wind speed greater than 110 MPH) up past NYC.
    National Hurricane Center
    Atlantic Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook
    Hurricane EARL

Any thoughts or predictions as to what's gonna happen? Or Pic/vid if it hits near you.

no idea what will or will not happen (never been anywhere near a hurricane), but I'm guessing it might cause some damage but shouldn't be too many people who die (assuming everything is built solid). Like I said not sure on hurricanes or that region though :/

Well, having been through Ike, he made his way upwards to Ohio on Sept. 14, 2008 and did severe wind damage with winds in excess of over 100 miles, which is very unusual for Ohio. I lost my power for 10 hours that night, got it back at 430am and was happy as a clam I got it back whilst not knowing that others did not get their power back for days. My boss was at the Cleveland Browns game that night and he said the winds scared even him up there in Cleveland. He came home to no power and did not get it back for two days.

Hurricanes are something formidable if you ask me.

WildThing121675

Due to the impeding holiday weekend, I shall be in Ohio when Earl sideswipes Hampton Roads and the Eastern Shore. But I'm taking my guns with me, in case we do get hit hard. God only knows what I'll be returning to.

When I was taking breakfast to my girlfriend this morning I heard Earl was downgraded to a Category 3 on the radio. Not sure if that makes it any less dangerous just sounded like good news...

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Well, having been through Ike, he made his way upwards to Ohio on Sept. 14, 2008 and did severe wind damage with winds in excess of over 100 miles, which is very unusual for Ohio. I lost my power for 10 hours that night, got it back at 430am and was happy as a clam I got it back whilst not knowing that others did not get their power back for days. My boss was at the Cleveland Browns game that night and he said the winds scared even him up there in Cleveland. He came home to no power and did not get it back for two days.

Hurricanes are something formidable if you ask me.

WildThing121675
    That just sounds like the 5 severe (non hurricane) Thunder storms that hit us over the summer. There were lots of trees down, mass power outages, and even some roofs torn off.

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Due to the impeding holiday weekend, I shall be in Ohio when Earl sideswipes Hampton Roads and the Eastern Shore. But I'm taking my guns with me, in case we do get hit hard. God only knows what I'll be returning to.
    That seems a little paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid View Post
    When I was taking breakfast to my girlfriend this morning I heard Earl was downgraded to a Category 3 on the radio. Not sure if that makes it any less dangerous just sounded like good news...
    Yes, that is good news. It means the wind speeds have dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post

That seems a little paranoid.
    Also, if we do get hit hard, and people start looting or whatever, I don't want my guns to get in to the hands of criminals. USAA will buy me a new TV, Computer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Also, if we do get hit hard, and people start looting or whatever, I don't want my guns to get in to the hands of criminals. USAA will buy me a new TV, Computer, etc.
    Ohio in not one of the gulf coast states, You don't if a hurricane does manege to get that far It's usually lost most of it's power. Also, don't you have a gun safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    Ohio in not one of the gulf coast states, You don't if a hurricane does manege to get that far It's usually lost most of it's power. Also, don't you have a gun safe?
    I'm on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. And no, I don't have a gun safe. I don't see the point of making them inaccessible. You never need a gun until you really really need one.

Well, it definitely came on the worst possible weekend. The east coast marine business are all going to have a really week Labor Day to go out on for the summer.