Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP3 players??

InconJenOnWheels

Default MP3 players??

Hey all. I'm just curious what kind of MP3 player everyone has. I have a black 30 GB Microsoft Zune. It has all of the features I could possibly wwant. It holds an ungodly amount of music. The software updates are pretty frequent and pretty much bug free. When I went to Best Buy to look I was thinking either the Zune or the iPod. The guy behind the counter was very helpful and sold me on the Zune. He said he liked it better because it had a great display and it was easier to read than the iPod. It also have a great amount of accessories you can buy. There is a radio FM transmitter that you can hook up to your cigarette lighter in your car and you can listen to your Zune. I highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for an MP3 player.

Darkfinn

I've got a 2GB Zune... haven't actually taken it out of the box to use it yet. Gotta replace the speakers in my daily driver before I bother playing any real music on the radio.

I have a Prehistoric 4GB iPod Mini (TM). It was made in 2005, but it still works, so...

An iPod video, um, generation old. It holds 30 GB, but I need to upgrade if I want to move everything I have on my computer onto an mp3 player! I want the 80GB for my birthday, if, uh, anyone wants to go buy me one.

"There is a radio FM transmitter that you can hook up to your cigarette lighter in your car and you can listen to your Zune."

The Ipod's had that even before the Zune came out. Anyways I got a 20 GB Ipod Photo but I got around 50 gigs of music on my computer not to mention about 40 gigs of video files. So I am wanting the 160 GB Ipod Classic.

Oh the song quality from Itunes sucks though. I think its 128 KBPS. 180+ is where its at.

my fiance gave me her old 3rd gen 20GB ipod after she got her 2GB creative zen plus. both of our mp3 players are perfect for us. i have rockbox on mine because vista had issues detecting the ipod (long story...).
    oh hey, since i'm an audio geek, what kind of headphones do you guys use with your mp3 players?
    i use sony 7506's with mine and i got her some sure e3c's (if i remember correctly).

still have my old 6GB iPod mini, but the battery is acting funny as of late, it keeps crashing when i leave it off for a few hours resetting almost all my settings. Oh well it still plays.

I also have a radio transmitter as mentioned before. It only works well if i find just the right frequency or the area im in has to be void of other radio stations or it could interfere with the music. A bit of a pain but again, functional works for me. I am thinking about upgrading the head unit in my car with an iPod adapter, but first i need to fix everthing else on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Oh the song quality from Itunes sucks though. I think its 128 KBPS. 180+ is where its at.
    You can change the encoding settings in iTunes to be up to 320 Kbps if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by The Russian View Post
    I have a Prehistoric 4GB iPod Mini (TM). It was made in 2005, but it still works, so...
    Same, I (used to) have the 6GB Blue iPod Mini, but now I've got the 8GB iPod Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    oh hey, since i'm an audio geek, what kind of headphones do you guys use with your mp3 players?
    i use sony 7506's with mine and i got her some sure e3c's (if i remember correctly).
    I use the Sony MDR-V150's . They're cheap (only $20), and I have yet to find headphones that sound better than these. My uncle has a pair these weird Hi-Fi fancy headphones, the Grado S60's.

InconJenOnWheels

I just use the earbuds that came with my Zune. They work good for me. I also have to find just the right frequency for my car transmitter or all I get is static through my car speakers.