Thread: As if I traded a 12-day holiday for a possibility of graduating

Default As if I traded a 12-day holiday for a possibility of graduating

Howdy folks,

Yeah, I failed 2 out of 3 tests that I had to re-do because I failed them before. Funny thing is that I actually passed the first one 2 days before I went on holiday, and failed the other two 2 days after I got back. Now I'm stuck here for another year.
    What do you think? Fair trade? i think so.

Just needed to get this off my chest.
    Last edited by CottonBird; 07-Sep-2010 at 00:35. Reason: I typed week instead of day. Oops.

personal experience<------ YOU MAY REGRET A DESCION LIKE THIS

Never play around with school get it done as soon as possible or you can screw things up.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyEldrick View Post

Never play around with school get it done as soon as possible or you can screw things up.
    Really? How does that work - seriously? I don't see how i can screw things up by being another year in school.

Missed opportunity. You'll never get that year back and could've done more with your time. You may not mind repeating school now but the regret tends to sink in over time. Everything you're being taught you've heard before. Your friends at your age are moving on ahead of you. I'm living with a very similar mistake in college where I am pretty much repeating this whole semester from last year. Money spent on my education has to be spent again. Need to make a new group of friends to study with now. I'll have to work harder now if I want to graduate in a reasonable time. School is no joke. It's time we get serious on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyEldrick View Post

Your being over dramatic. The worst thing possible is drop out and just get a minimum wage job you dislike for the rest of your life. I'm not sure if school is always the right thing (as in college etc) but for damn sure high school is. Getting it done as soon as possible is always the best choice but that doesn't mean you should be nose deep into books and learning 24/7.

Anyways as for the OP if you only have a test to do and then your done, do everything you can to expedite the process. There's no reason for you to sit in classes all day that you taken and passed wasting time till all the other student body takes it as well. Talking to your teachers, principal/headmaster and get what you need done, done... period.

Though even after high school you may still be stuck as in what you actually want to do, or more to the point what you like to do.

i tryed to get back into high school but i would have to do junior and senior year again and i would turn 21 in senior year. I live in Georgia and unless your a iep student your out when you turn 20 and ieps are out when 21. so i have to keep going to a crappy community college i will try to get into job corp but don't know yet.

I'm not experienced with it, but perhaps you can look into getting a GED instead of graduating if you're worried you won't be able to pass the tests again.

Ok, so here's the deal (mind that I'm in The Netherlands and the school system is entirely different!):
    I failed 2 out of 6 tests of which I retook 3 (passed one). The soonest time I can do the exams/tests is January. I could go for all or nothing and do the exams then. If I fail one or two subjects I'm stuck there until May and then have another chance to re-take those tests. Or, I do them in May and have the opportunity to re-take tests in August. I'd personally opt for the former. However, re-doing the whole year will give me the opportunity to take all the classes I just didn't 'get' and have a better chance at passing the tests. Otherwise, I don't know if I can get everything together before January (it's quite a lot, even if I can just focus on those two subjects that I flunked the tests of).

I had nothing to lose anyway, had no real friends anyway, and some friends I had failed one or two grades before I failed this one, so I'm pretty much back with them in class. Not too bad.

This is just one of three years I've 'lost' over the years. I was stuck for 3 years in kindergarten (instead of the usual 2 here) because my parents found it necessary. Then the second time was in 2nd grade (high-school'ish) because my eyesight went south - unficable (for now, at least). This tird time around it actually was in my own hands.

I don't know if I would have done anything if I did not go on holiday - dad said I wouldn't have, he's probably right. When I was on holiday I simply didn't have the chance to do any studying at all.

Thanks for the replies.

In that case, I'd say study until your brains leak from your ears and try the tests again in January.