Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadly, this guy missed his targets.

Default Sadly, this guy missed his targets.

Westboro Baptist Church Protesters Are Pepper Sprayed at Marine's Funeral in Omaha

A person driving by protesters from Westboro baptist church (who aren't anywhere closely like real baptists) tried to pepper spray the group.

Here's a video of the incident. (the guy is driving the red SUV directly along the corner)

Spearmint

If only he would have had guns or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetaluver View Post
    If only he would have had guns or something.
    Ignoring the fact that I don't think violence is the solution here...

Let Fred Phelps spew his filth. He doesn't realize it, but he does way more good for those he's protesting against than bad. One of his big targets is Matthew Shepherd. I went to a lecture given by Matthew's mother a few years ago and someone asked about Phelps. She said that Fred's something of a head case, but really, she loves him. He's so insane that people often find themselves sympathetic for anything he's protesting against. NAMBLA would probably take a boost in public opinion if the Whitesboro Baptist Church started protesting their meetings. And a lot of people will actually turn their protests into fundraisers by getting people to pledge money for every hour they protest.

Fred Phelps and the Whitesboro Baptist Church, to me, do a good job of epitomizing evil. But in that regard I also view them as a good measuring stick of our freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    Ignoring the fact that I don't think violence is the solution here...

Let Fred Phelps spew his filth. He doesn't realize it, but he does way more good for those he's protesting against than bad. One of his big targets is Matthew Shepherd. I went to a lecture given by Matthew's mother a few years ago and someone asked about Phelps. She said that Fred's something of a head case, but really, she loves him. He's so insane that people often find themselves sympathetic for anything he's protesting against. NAMBLA would probably take a boost in public opinion if the Whitesboro Baptist Church started protesting their meetings. And a lot of people will actually turn their protests into fundraisers by getting people to pledge money for every hour they protest.

Fred Phelps and the Whitesboro Baptist Church, to me, do a good job of epitomizing evil. But in that regard I also view them as a good measuring stick of our freedoms.
    I do agree with everything you just said, but that doesn't mean it's not wickedly funny to see them get pepper sprayed. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I do agree with everything you just said, but that doesn't mean it's not wickedly funny to see them get pepper sprayed. :P
    Oh, entirely! Trust me, I'm not saying they didn't have it coming.

I saw a really good YouTube video the other day with funny BLGT rally signs. Lemme see if I can dig it up.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Found it! Sorry that it's just a link- unless ADISC embed the video automatically, I'm not sure how to do so. But watch it- these are hilarious!

YouTube - Gay protest signs (funny)

Wow! i find this kinda sad really not because the group got pepper sprayed ( i think thats hilarious :P)

BUT! within the group of protesters is the Children as young as 5! these kids are dragged into picketing by these stupid parents, and forced to fight for what they are being forced into believing in. i feel sorry for these kids.

Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    Huzzah using violence to stifle unpopular speech.
    Oh come on, the group is eating this shit up. Their going to try and make it look like they are victims now and the rest of the country can/should laugh in their faces. Their as idiotic as Sea Shepard (which on a unrelated note as a group got robbed of a Outstanding Comedy show nomination at the 2010 emmys for Whale Wars)

Yes, this is exactly the course to take, let us play right into their hands of what they want (yes, they WANT you to attack them etc., they can sue your ass then and make money).