Thread: Shipping

Default Shipping

I recently ordered a sample pack of Bambino's Bianco diaper and noticed that the packaging, while unmarked, was not so discreet. I have a P.O. box, so the envelope was handed to me by an employee, and I was pretty embarrassed when I held it and noticed how it felt. The envelope was thin and the contents could be clearly identified by the firm-yet-soft feel, and the layering. Sure, I know the employee could only discern the contents of the package if he were expecting it to be diapers, but it was still embarrassing.

Anyway, I'm looking to order samples of Dry 24/7s and Secure X-Plus's and would like to know (from personal experience) how these two companies package their samples. I know what it says on their websites, but I'd like a first-hand account. Also, I'd like to know if other companies ship samples in not-so-discreet packaging like Bambinos.

Thanks.

(On a related note, the XP-Medical is tops in packaging their samples; tiny boxes=totally discreet.)

Quote Originally Posted by aliasalias View Post
    The envelope was thin and the contents could be clearly identified by the firm-yet-soft feel, and the layering. Sure, I know the employee could only discern the contents of the package if he were expecting it to be diapers, but it was still embarrassing.
    exactly. It's natural for you to get the package and say OMG I CAN TELL THERE ARE DIAPERS IN THERE! But in reality, you're almost certainly the only one that knows what's in the bag. These people handle thousands of packages a month and could really care less what's in your delivery, they won't spend even a second of their time considering what all might be in the bag. They may have huge experience handling mystery packages, but they very rarely get to see them opened so they have no real experience identifying their contents.

If you want to put your mind at ease, try to think of all the other things that could feel about the same. A very common one we hear around here is t-shirts and other articles of clothing. Or anything fragile carefully packed.

When buying bags or cases, they will ship them in a rectangular cardboard box with the same return information you saw on the envelope. There's no indication on the outside what's inside. "Bottom Half Group" is on the label, but by itself isn't very useful. Of course if they were to google that it would be an easy guess, but that's highly unlikely. Maybe not so unlikely if you have a nosey parent that intercepts the delivery though. So there is a small level of risk there. I was just thinking, a single pair of jean shorts could be about the size of that sample if crammed into the bag... and "bottom half group" could easily be made to pass for a company that specializes in selling discount shorts. (tho that wouldn't work well for entire cases)

You would be amazed at what can be fit in those little FedEx size envelopes. The fact that it is a diaper is hardly something that anyone just by feel can figure out.

As a skydiver, I've seen video where a guy got a new parachute in one of those tiny FedEx envelopes. While most parachutes people fly are over one hundred square feet in area, this guy was an expert who was REALLY pushing the limits. His parachute was something like 27 square feet.

Yes, twenty-seven. Smaller than most bedsheets. It took him several jumps on a special cutaway rig where he got rid of it to use a larger parachute for landing, this was before he decided to risk landing it.

He flies it regularly now, and it flies so fast that he can have people in the Birdman suits fly along side him and hook on to his feet in the air.

F--ing insane!