Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The end is near...

Default The end is near...

Today my mom confronted me and said "About a month ago I noticed some urine stains on your bed, are you having problems"?

I replied with a simple "Nope" followed by a "I do not recall this ever happening".
    I was thinking of saying "That happened once and I am fine now".

My mom was telling me how if I want to see a doctor I can and how she doesn't want me to feel embarrassed about it or become embarrassed if it continues to happen. And of course there was a mention in there about diapers. She did't say the word "diaper" directly, but she was referencing them with hints like "I don't want you to think you have to rely on products to protect you".

(remember i said how she threw out some of my diapers a few days ago)

I am really at my wits end here. I feel like there is no where left to run. I am being defeated on both fronts. She is knows I am using diapers and now is hinting for me to see a doctor.

What should I do??? I want to use the "I like to wear diapers" card as a last resort. The more I use diapers, the more she'll think I need them medically, but I can't simply give up wearing. Should I keep trying to cover up myself and lying, or surrender and come out to her?

At this point it sounds like your best option is to come out to her. Don't try to cover up and make a huge pile of lies. It will only bite you on the ass later on. Be sure to let her know that there is nothing wrong with you and that there are no medical problems. There is a chance she will want you to see a psychologist but if you manage to get a good one he'll tell your mom the same thing, that there is nothing wrong with you.

I hope all goes well for you.

I'm not sure you need to tell her about being a TB/DL. I'm not saying lie to her, that will only cause more problems, but only tell her somethings. I would likely say something like this in your situation.

"Mom, I want to thank you for being concerned for me and my situation. But right now I'm doing ok and I'm handling everything just fine on my own."

You said she suggested going to the doctor, not that she is going to make you, so I think in the right way you could politely refuse.

"I'm managing everything and i'm not having any major problems, but should something become a major problem I will come and talk to you about it and go see a doctor"

I think if you politely refuse and re-assure her then you can defuse the situation calmly without bring in the fact the you're a TB/DL.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Remember...
    People will respond to the energy and attitude you bring into the situation and discussion, if you go in calm, collected, level headed, and mature, then you are much more likely to get a calm and mature adult response.
    Last edited by dirtbike4x4; 27-Aug-2010 at 20:40. Reason: A few things to add...

If telling her the truth is the last card you want to play, then go with dirtbike4x4's suggestion and if she still confronts you about it, maybe you'll have to play that card. If you must play that card, imo, go with just the DL part. I feel that between AB and DL, the DL aspect is just slightly easier to accept. Again, just my opinion on that. On a different note, I find her behavior slightly odd. She says she found urine stains about a month ago, yet just a few days ago she throws out your diapers? (if that was a a thread, I missed it so I may not have all info). In my mind, if a parent suspects a child of bedwetting they wouldn't be so upset about them choosing to use protection, but then that would require logic and this is an illogical world. Anyway, I hope you have a good resolution to this situation.

Well she only threw out 2 diapers and they were wet ones, so she was just tidying up.

you got lucky that she's assuming you've been bed-wetting or something like that. if i were you i wouldn't even dream of telling her that you LIKE wearing diapers. if she brings it up again, just tell her that it's none of her business and you're old enough to take care of your own embarrassing medical issues. tell her to just forget she ever saw anything and let you handle it yourself. i think that'd be a perfectly reasonable request even if you were actually wetting the bed.

at this point you should be honest with her and tell the truth.
    she might not like it or accept it but If you lie and she eventually finds out the truth you'll be in bigger trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
    At this point it sounds like your best option is to come out to her. Don't try to cover up and make a huge pile of lies. It will only bite you on the ass later on. Be sure to let her know that there is nothing wrong with you and that there are no medical problems. There is a chance she will want you to see a psychologist but if you manage to get a good one he'll tell your mom the same thing, that there is nothing wrong with you.

I hope all goes well for you.
    I agree with Kenshi 100% here. Lying to your mom is probably the worst thing you can do, especially if she is concerned that there is a medical issue. I don't think there is a mother in the world who would overlook a possibly serious medical symptom simply because their child told them they were "handling everything just fine" on their own. It is probably better to tell her, "I'm sorry if you were worried about me mom, but the reason I've been wearing diapers is because I just feel good and comfortable when I have one on. I don't really understand it myself, but it's not any kind of deep seated trauma either. It's just a comfort thing-- I'm sorry if it weirds you out. It's embarrassing for me too ... could we just keep it between you and me?"

Tell the truth buds.....we are here for ya.

I think you're far enough in now that it's time to spill the beans, as it were. Tell them the truth, but take positive energy into it and don't make it sound like you're ashamed of it. Instead, thank your mother for your concern and tell her what's going on, and when she invariably wonders why you didn't say anything, just say you didn't think it would be anything you thought she'd be interested in knowing.

Good luck!