Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day One Stuff

Default Day One Stuff

When a friend of mine and I are venting our frustration for the decay of decent social behavior to which we witness in our daily life, there is a phrase we use frequently, "That's day one stuff".

I have notice a lot that someone will post a thread "I have X problem, can anyone relate/how you deal with this?" and there will be several "I don't have that problem because (insert some snarky comment to imply you are better than the OP and anyone with whatever problem the OP is having)" comments peppered throughout the thread.

There is a line in the Talking Heads song "Psycho Killer" that I think more people should take to heart, "When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed".

Here's the thing, if you don't have a particular problem, OUTSTANDING, I am glad that there is one less person suffering from whatever it is that is bothering someone else. If you don't have anything constructive to bring to the topic at hand, read on if you're interested, move on to another thread if you're not. Ultimately just try to show some class and self respect, but more importantly show some compassion for a human being that has a problem you are fortunate enough not have. For peeps that want to enjoy life from the perspective of a child, some of us have forgotten on of the earliest lessons I learned in life, "If you don't have anything nice(/constructive) to say, don't say anything at all". It's day one stuff people.

(I will not cite specific examples, I have no desire to create enemies, or incite animosity. I apologize if I have offended anyone, I assure you that was not my intent.)

I completly agree with everything you said. I hate when people do that.

Thank you both. I won't lie, I fully anticipated people to be angry at the preachy tone of my post.

I'd need an example of "X" problem.

For instance "I have a problem where I want to get into my sister's pants while she's sleeping."
    My response: "I don't have that problem, it seems something is seriously wrong with you. You should see a professional."

Just "not saying anything" could turn out bad for the sister. I think the term "constructive" is very subjective.

LoL That's what I mean.

Since I have teenage younger brothers, and it was not that long ago that I myself was a teenager, I am not going to acknowledge other than to say that response from Zephiel is exactly what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    LoL That's what I mean.

Since I have teenage younger brothers, and it was not that long ago that I myself was a teenager, I am not going to acknowledge other than to say that response from Zephiel is exactly what I am talking about.
    So we shouldn't call out people who say things like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    So we shouldn't call out people who say things like that?
    None of the threads to which I refer have said anything like the scenario you suggested. Even if they had, which I would like to emphasize they have not, I would still have compassion toward someone saying something like that. When one comes to such a site, and says something like that, clearly they know they need help and are desperate to get it.

The comments that have inspired this thread were not compassionate, but completely snarky and rude. Not only that, but the snarky comments that I found to be frustrating were in response to things far more benign than that suggested in your first post on this thread. I would like to apologize in advance if this message comes off as being disrespectful in anyway. I assure you that is not my intent.

Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    None of the threads to which I refer have said anything like the scenario you suggested. Even if they had, which I would like to emphasize they have not, I would still have compassion toward someone saying something like that. When one comes to such a site, and says something like that, clearly they know they need help and are desperate to get it.

The comments that have inspired this thread were not compassionate, but completely snarky and rude. Not only that, but the snarky comments that I found to be frustrating were in response to things far more benign than that suggested in your first post on this thread. I would like to apologize in advance if this message comes off as being disrespectful in anyway. I assure you that is not my intent.
    I would like to point out that you didn't "refer" to any threads. You gave a vague description, and basically said "we should accept everyone and only say nice things, ever".

I am not really a fan of it either to be honest, I typically just don't acknowledge worthless posts like that. People just do it to boost their post count, and to try to impress others with their wittiness.

I've been loosely involved in the abdl community for many years off and on. So I honestly am not terribly shocked to see that it's full of people who are extremely judgemental even though they are part of a community that is constantly judged and therefore should know what it feels like. At first, many years ago, I was shocked by this, but now I am just used to it. It's human nature and our community is no more immune from it then any other.

However, that said, I believe in freedom of speech. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it is a discussion forum. I say let them share their thoughts and if their opinion bugs you or was not helpful, disregard it. Just because someone posted their opinion or thoughts about something, doesn't automatically mean you have to care about their opinion or thoughts.

Although, I have noticed there seems to more amiable people on ADISC then in other places, guess that's why I keep coming back here.