Thread: The Hills Have Eyes

Default The Hills Have Eyes

Okay, I am sure that I am not the only one who lives in a town that constantly makes one ask "IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE WATER?!" while thrusting you pointed finger wildly in the air like Lewis Black. Who else lives in a town where you have stories like this;

The year after I graduated high school there was this big scandal in my town. A man was arrested for all kinds of charges when his elderly mother's doctor became concerned he had not have a visit with her in several months. The wheels started turning and one day John Law was knocking on his door. Upon searching his home the police discovered his mother was dead. Autopsy later determined it to be of natural causes. Not only was she dead, but he had been concealing her body and the odor produced by decomposition by covering her corpse with cat litter.

With such stories as "Psycho" firmly planted in all of our subconscious, not to mention the mommy issues that some of us must have, it seems reasonable one could bend the mind to such a twisted place to think he did it out of love, and inability to separate from her. If that is what you think, I think Kevin Spacey said it best as Lex Luthor when he said "WROOOONG!" It was just good old fashioned plain and simple GREED. He was forging her signature to continue to collect her social security checks.

The guy had at one time ran for mayor of this town.

That isn't even the best part, the chief of police lived across the street from him.

(Just to drive the point home what kind of cop this guy is; Last year he was charged with providing alcohol to minors, and didn't even lose his job.)

Wow, all i can say is wow......you should move.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyScrat View Post
    Wow, all i can say is wow......you should move.
    I'm working on it. BELIEVE ME.

Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    I'm working on it. BELIEVE ME.
    I come from a small town. about a year ago we had a woman murder her boyfriend and hide his body by cutting it up and putting it under her trailer. I had to staff an aid unit while the search team looked for the rest of him.....I moved to Israel.

This is what my town is all about...

A former ***** woman accused of participating in the bludgeoning of her ex-husband and his wife in ***** last year was sentenced to 30 years in prison on attempted murder charges.
    Sandra Rogers, 48, pleaded guilty Nov. 24 to two counts of attempted murder, a few days before her trial was set to begin. Charges of home invasion and solicitation of murder were dropped, according to Assistant State's Attorney George Strickland.

In making her plea, Rogers maintained her innocence. But she said she feared the evidence and testimony stacked up against her would convince a jury to deliver a guilty verdict, Strickland said.

Sandra Rogers is accused of participating in the hammer bludgeoning of her ex-husband Rick Rogers and his wife Angela Gloria of Lincolnshire. The couple was attacked in their Westminster Way home during the early morning hours of May 19, 2003. Children in the house called police during the attack.

When I was in sixth grade it was discovered that a man had murdered his wife, and disposed of her body in a concrete grave in the basement.

careybw

Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    Okay, I am sure that I am not the only one who lives in a town that constantly makes one ask "IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE WATER?!" while thrusting you pointed finger wildly in the air like Lewis Black. Who else lives in a town where you have stories like this;

The year after I graduated high school there was this big scandal in my town. A man was arrested for all kinds of charges when his elderly mother's doctor became concerned he had not have a visit with her in several months. The wheels started turning and one day John Law was knocking on his door. Upon searching his home the police discovered his mother was dead. Autopsy later determined it to be of natural causes. Not only was she dead, but he had been concealing her body and the odor produced by decomposition by covering her corpse with cat litter.

With such stories as "Psycho" firmly planted in all of our subconscious, not to mention the mommy issues that some of us must have, it seems reasonable one could bend the mind to such a twisted place to think he did it out of love, and inability to separate from her. If that is what you think, I think Kevin Spacey said it best as Lex Luthor when he said "WROOOONG!" It was just good old fashioned plain and simple GREED. He was forging her signature to continue to collect her social security checks.

The guy had at one time ran for mayor of this town.

That isn't even the best part, the chief of police lived across the street from him.

(Just to drive the point home what kind of cop this guy is; Last year he was charged with providing alcohol to minors, and didn't even lose his job.)
    He probably did it for the money. Heard of that happening in the states, and most recently in Japan, where a family had claimed their father was still alive collecting government money, despite being dead for over 30 years
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10809128

Yeah, unfortunately there is no probably to it, it is a matter of public record.