Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC "Pamper Party" Meet-up.

Darkfinn

Talking NC "Pamper Party" Meet-up.

Hey all...

The last thread on this got a little off-topic... so I'm gonna use this one to reign it back in and see what we are looking at here.

What: "Pamper Party" meet, greet, & hang-out. Food & drink, movies, games, and diapers (ofcourse). Get to know some of your fellow ADISCers in a comfortable non-sexual environment.

Where: Darkfinn & LuvsGurl's place in Charlotte NC. Guests are welcome to stay with us, or get a hotel room if you like... our apartment is kinda small... but its ok.

When: Weekend of July 11-12-13. Come for a day... come for the whole time... whatever you are comfortable with.

So far the only person who has given me a 100% commitment is Jeremiah. I've gotten "maybes" from a few other people. So if you are seriously interested... let myself or LuvsGurl know.

This is gonna be a BYOD (bring your own diapers) event... I can't have everyone raiding my (well stocked) stash. I am willing to share some of what I have... let people who haven't tried Secures or Bambinos have a "go" at it... but please don't expect to be using them all weekend.

We can also provide some food & drink... but we ain't rich... so bring some money for that kinda stuff too... ok?

Thanks!

I would be 100% if my parents would let me go without much question...

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I would be 100% if my parents would let me go without much question...
    Sorry to hear that Pojo.

But your reply is not the kind that I am looking for in this thread. The last one got so clogged up with "I would go, but I can't b/c of parents, distance, etc." That I couldn't tell if anyone was seriously considering it or not.

So folks... please... and don't take this the wrong way. If you can't come... don't reply just to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Sorry to hear that Pojo.

But your reply is not the kind that I am looking for in this thread. The last one got so clogged up with "I would go, but I can't b/c of parents, distance, etc." That I couldn't tell if anyone was seriously considering it or not.

So folks... please... and don't take this the wrong way. If you can't come... don't reply just to say that.
    My bad

I will be driving from Florida in a pickup truck. Wish me luck at the gas pump.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    I will be driving from Florida in a pickup truck. Wish me luck at the gas pump.
    Good luck switching off the pump before the meter hits $10,000!

Peachy

Well to give you an idea, of what your going to spend, I went to harrisburg last week the gas was $3.75, it was a total of around 360 miles with driving around and such, I spent like $70.00, give or take a few bucks, my pickup did 18.8mpg.

So gas is now near $4.00 depending on where you buy, and it may be higher nearer the interstate, so if you need gas go into town it's not much cheaper but every little bit helps.

Darkfinn, I'll be there. I may try to hook up with a friend in Winston-Salem the same weekend, so I don't know what days exactly I'll be there, or if I'll stay the night. Anyway, depending on how things work out with my friend I may also be able to offer rides.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, Darkfinn, when you say you will provide food/drink do you mean alcoholic drinks as well? I don't care either way, I'm just curious as to the vibe of this, and I can bring some stuff if necessary. (ooh, bringing alcohol across state lines, sounds illegal)

And no, I'm not a lush, I promise.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by daria7483 View Post
    Darkfinn, I'll be there. I may try to hook up with a friend in Winston-Salem the same weekend, so I don't know what days exactly I'll be there, or if I'll stay the night. Anyway, depending on how things work out with my friend I may also be able to offer rides.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, Darkfinn, when you say you will provide food/drink do you mean alcoholic drinks as well? I don't care either way, I'm just curious as to the vibe of this, and I can bring some stuff if necessary. (ooh, bringing alcohol across state lines, sounds illegal)

And no, I'm not a lush, I promise.
    Glad to hear that you can make it down!

I can provide some booze if people are interested. I'm not really the kind of person that gets drunk at all... I just like a plesant beer buzz every now and again. There are plenty of liquor stores around here so you don't have to bring it with you... and don't worry... I won't allow any drunk driving by anyone.

If I can get healed from my surgery and mostly off my medicine by then, then I will come, but that is a big maybe.

You would offer a secure and/or bambino to people who havn't tried them!? Aww your such a nice guy! Of course I would bring my own Abena X-plus's but I would be very greatful to try one or both of those. If you were to let me try them I would have to throw you two bucks for each sample or I'd feel guilty. Since they are not very cheap diapers after all.