Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from vacation

InconJenOnWheels

Default Back from vacation

My GF and I got back from Miami last night. We stayed at the Four Seasons Miami, which was amazing. Great views of the bay. We went on an airboat ride, which was reallly fun.

Footed P.J.

I don't miss the humidity and heat of FL (I used to live in Clearwater), but Miami's a very interesting city. Haven't been since 1989. I'd love to see where Miami Ink is.

Good to see you back.

Darkfinn

Welcome back!

Glad you had a good time! Airboat rides sound super fun... I'd love to do that some day.

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering...

How do you handle diapers and vacation? I've never taken any with me on long term (more than one day/night) trips... but I probably will be sometime since I'm wearing 24/7 now. Do you just pack an extra bag and deal with it that way?

Also... how do you handle diapers and the pool/beach? I know they make swim diapers... but the ones I've seen don't really function that well as far as retainment goes.

Thanks!

InconJenOnWheels

I just pack an extra bag and put extra diapers and other supplies in it. I haven't flown(With a disability, I mean) yet, but according to the TSA and other various websites, a bag that is deemed to be medical isn't counted towards your allowance(One personal bag(purse, laptop and one carry on). As for the pool, I'm on a bowel program, so I don't have to worry about that as much. If I wet, people will just think it is water anyways.

Welcome back. Hope you had fun.

*thread moved to greetings/introductions* Due to this being a thread about returning.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by InconJenOnWheels View Post
    I just pack an extra bag and put extra diapers and other supplies in it. I haven't flown(With a disability, I mean) yet, but according to the TSA and other various websites, a bag that is deemed to be medical isn't counted towards your allowance(One personal bag(purse, laptop and one carry on). As for the pool, I'm on a bowel program, so I don't have to worry about that as much. If I wet, people will just think it is water anyways.
    Ah... didn't know that... makes sense. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by InconJenOnWheels View Post

What's a bowel program?

Darkfinn

If I recall from another thread... she takes laxatives every couple of days so her "movements" are scheduled. There is probably more to it than that though...

Jen?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    If I recall from another thread... she takes laxatives every couple of days so her "movements" are scheduled. There is probably more to it than that though...

Jen?

Oh...

Footed P.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post

Jen?
    Yes, Dark Finn, you are right. I have spina bifida, a spine-based mobility disability. It also affects the legs, bowel and bladder, as does her SCI (spinal cord injury). Folks with my disability usually have bowel programs as well, where there is a set time that we have our bowel movements (with laxatives or any other measures we need). Luckily, I am currently exempt from that (and don't even fully understand what it entails), but aging may change things.

A wiki on MY disability: Spina bifida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any other questions, better PM me. I don't want to lay everything out here.