Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've got a virus! Help!!

Default I've got a virus! Help!!

Oj, I have a 'windows security suite' virus on my laptop. I can't open anything that will remove it like Norton or Mcafee, and whenever I download something to get it to go away like rkill or spydoctor then it lets me download them, but won't let me execute them so it won't go away!

It keeps giving me poppups saying I've got hundreds of horrific viruses, and every few minutes a warning comes up on the screen asking me if I want to 'get protected'.

Please please PLEASE can someone help?

Pretty please?

I'm not entirely sure this will work, but try something that isn't McAfee or Norton. I've read that some of the worst viruses specifically target those processes.

Actually, I just googled it - here you go! The page lists antiviruses (all of the ones I know of, actually) that it prevents from starting up. Pretty much it tells you to download Malwarebytes, close all your windows, install it, then click "full scan" at the end (there are three options). That should do it.

Hope you backed up. Do it ASAP if you haven't, just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    ^^^^THIS^^^^^

Plus another one that works well with Malwarebytes is SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!. I have both and have had what you have. It's a type of trojan. just full scan with both and it should work.

BabySakura

lol heres what you do: buy some bland discs or mem cards. put everything that is important on the discs/mem cards. try to get as little as possable, as some files may be infected as well. then, reinstall windows. this is the only sure way to delete all files. when you reinstall windows, make sure to run a virus scan on the mem stick to make sure there are no stray virus folders.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySakura View Post
    lol heres what you do: buy some bland discs or mem cards. put everything that is important on the discs/mem cards. try to get as little as possable, as some files may be infected as well. then, reinstall windows. this is the only sure way to delete all files. when you reinstall windows, make sure to run a virus scan on the mem stick to make sure there are no stray virus folders.
    i did the exact same thing when i got a slow cpu what kind of operating system do you have?

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by BabySakura View Post
    No, do not follow this advice, it's not a Deadly Virus, I have dealt with it, and know what to do.

go into safe mode, check your app data for a weird looking file name, and see when it was last modified, and then delete that.

If that doesn't work Download Malwarebytes from another computer onto a Flash Drive, CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download , and Download Rkill.com Free And Terminate Malicious Processes – SoftSailor

Restart into Safe mode, When it's on the first screen keep hitting F8 until Safe Mode options appear, and choose Safe Mode with Networking.

Install those programs, Run CCleaner and Rkill firstly, and then run Malwarebytes.(Run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes to ensure theirs nothing left, this should take an hour or 2.)

That should work, as I've dealt with that Family of Rogue Viruses in the past.

After that do another restart, and go to control panel, internet options, and then to connections, and Lan Settings change that back to not using a proxy server.
    Last edited by Olivia; 26-Aug-2010 at 02:09. Reason: more info

oh, that thing. That downloaded itself on my PC about a week ago. It's actually not a virus; it's malware. It doesn't cause any harm just wastes your time and is annoying. I deleted mine from the registry, but that may be beyond what you know how to do. there are plenty of freeware anti-malware programs you can get. What ever you do, do NOT give them any money or info (obvious to most people but there are plenty of people who would.

~FYI: you'll need to change your internet settings back to what they were (WSS sets up your PC to rout all internet connections through a proxy.

ok. go to free.avg.com and download the avg free. it is antivirus that i use and works excelently. then after instalation click "computer scanner" then click "whole computer scan" and iv a message pops up during the scan that says like alerts and stuff then click move to vault and that should deal with the virus. (please note that the virus detected messsage may come up more that once which means you have more than one virus. after the virus is removed then i would recomend backing up your personal files like pictures, vids, documents ETC and then slot in the windows disk and click "repair computer" or something like that and it will repair the damage done by the virus. if you have problems after that, then it means the virus has done permanent damage to the operating system and you need to reinstall windows. at which point you need to backup your important files that you need onto a flash drive, put the windows disk in, reboot the computer but open the boot menu and select onboard/usb CDROM drive and it will load the windows disk. reformat the hard disk (reset it with one of the options on the windows disk) and intall windows again. REMEMBER when installing windows DO NOT create multiple user acounts before you have installed everything your computer need. including antivirus because if you install something on one acount it will not be transfered to the other acounts,. you need to install the programs you want on the main administrator acount first and then add the new users. this is CRITICAL when it comes to the antivirus because if the antivirus is installed on one acount and not another then the other acount will not be protected and will wreck the whole computer again.
    sorry for the encyclopedia on windows and stuff. im kinda a geek lol