Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi From NY =P

Default Hi From NY =P

Hi all! Figured I would try and intoduce myself here

My name is Chris. I live in a small irish neighborhood in the Bronx (about 25min north of NYC). I am 24 and its boring! hehe

I like long walks on the beach... jk!

I'm your average guy.. just like to hang with friends and be goofy to make people laugh I play the guitar and you can usually find me driving around in my car (2006 civic SI - fully loaded =P )

For work I am a corporate accountant for a private investment/hedge fund company. Like all jobs it has its good days and bad days. (bad days being long ass hours!!)

Not sure what else to say here so if you want to get to know me more feel free to send me a message

Bye for now!!
    Chris

Ahhh hello fellow VTEC friend. Honda and Acura all the way for me. I used to own a 1998 Honda Prelude with the 2.2L VTEC DOHC I-4 Engine (H22a) with 195hp and 156lb/torque. They are great cars and very reliable and modifable(A word?). Although I do not have the prelude anymore I have a 2003 Mitsubishi GT 3.0L V6, and hopefully purchasing a different car this summer. Hopefully an 2005-2006 Acura RSX type-s. Same engine as yours but with a couple more hp and torque, and lighter. Anyways..

Welcome to the community! I hope that you enjoy it here!

Please feel free to post when ever you would like and to ask any qeustions, advice, or support you might need.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by tb19832003 View Post

My name is Chris. I live in a small irish neighborhood in the Bronx (about 25min north of NYC). I am 24 and its boring! hehe

Hello there! Welcome (back?) to the site!
    Weren't you a member of TBDL before it went into cyber-nirvana? I have hazy memories of you meeting up with mm3?!

Either way, sounds strange that you don't consider The Bronx part of NYC - I always thought it was one of the five boroughs of NYC!

Peachy

Yumi

Welcome to the forums. The bronx is part of NYC. o______o At least, the last time I checked?

About time, damn!!

Nice inside joke :P. (part of my facebook profile :P harhar)

Hello there! Welcome (back?) to the site!
    Weren't you a member of TBDL before it went into cyber-nirvana? I have hazy memories of you meeting up with mm3?!
    Your memory serves you well, Peachy .

Either way, sounds strange that you don't consider The Bronx part of NYC - I always thought it was one of the five boroughs of NYC!
    Indeed it is, but most people think that the Bronx is a whole different thing, so I assume he just didn't want to get into technicals to confuse people

sup?!?! My name is Chris too! And I am also from NY! (kinda in westchester by CT) welcome to ADISC.

Have fun on the forums!

"Da Bronx" is part of NYC, but i didnt want anyone to think i live in manhatten. (couldnt afford it anyway). Though i consider my neighborhood more Yonkers/Westchester than part of the city. I am only 2 blocks from the Westchester border.

Peachy, i did meet up with MM3 before.. he got to see what 197HP can do in a civic! HeHeHe

Eclipse - yea my last car was a 2002 honda civic EX, this time around i upgraded to the Si I think Hondas and Acuras are really reliable and safe. ( my accident with my first civic proves it)

Me :p - Hi Chris!!! lol. I know exactly where that is. Its only like 20min from me. Not too far from Rye Playland Good ice rink! Hopefully my summer hockey league will have a game or two there. (I am a goalie for a summer westchester league)

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by tb19832003 View Post

I'm your average guy.. just like to hang with friends and be goofy to make people laugh I play the guitar and you can usually find me driving around in my car (2006 civic SI - fully loaded =P )

For work I am a corporate accountant for a private investment/hedge fund company. Like all jobs it has its good days and bad days. (bad days being long ass hours!!)

Not sure what else to say here so if you want to get to know me more feel free to send me a message

Bye for now!!
    Chris
    Welcome to ADISC, Chris. Have fun!

I'm from New Jersey; I'm right under you. :P

And I'm sure a corporate accountant would get long hours often! Haha

Sweet! Jersey can be.. well.. fun at times. Just kidding!! I have some friends in Old Bridge.

Yea, so far my longest day was from 8am to like 9pm. SUuuuuuuuuucked! But hey.. the money is pretty good so i cant really complain =P hehehe