Thread: Study:1 in 4 Grown men travel with a stuffed animal

Smile Study:1 in 4 Grown men travel with a stuffed animal

Saw this in the news this evening:

Bedtime Story: 1-in-4 Grown Men Travel With a Stuffed Animal

"Travelodge surveyed 6,000 Britons and discovered that 35 percent of adults admitted they sleep with their teddy because they found cuddling their bear comforting. Additionally, many said the calming feeling of a bear hug helped them lower their stress level after a hard day.
    And it turns out that a large number of the bear-toting travelers are men.
    Travelodge said that 25 percent of men reported they take their teddy bear away with them when going away on business."

Grown Men Travel With a Stuffed Animals: Teddy Bears, Dogs in Businessmen's Suitcases - ABC News

It made it across the pond!

Nice article, I like the more human approach; the need to include a real man and women and share their stories...

I wonder what makes this a good story. If owning a teddy is so common, I wonder why this is news.
    Anyway, it's sweet! (Not going to rant about the news like I did in the other thread... )

Wow, didn't know it was that high in men!

As for a manly-man like myself, I have one teddy bear that was given to me by an ex a few years ago. It sits on a dusty shelf in my room, wearing my rasta cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Wow, didn't know it was that high in men!

As for a manly-man like myself, I have one teddy bear that was given to me by an ex a few years ago. It sits on a dusty shelf in my room, wearing my rasta cap.
    Hey, I'm a manly-man! well....sort of.... And, my teddy sleeps with me every night! Much to the chagrin of my wife, who also sleeps with me.

Kind of strange I think, I mean you never see anyone travel with a teddy bear, though now when I think about it I would totaly wanna do that, would help me relax so much on trains and help me sleep better!