Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big problem, Need advice :X

Loopygone

Default Big problem, Need advice :X

So, I've made a massive massive error. And could do with a little help on sorting it.

Basicly I have a friend (*waves to mizzy* :P) coming round tomorrow to spend a few days with me being daddy and what not. In preperation for this I decided to order a few things, two adult sized bibs and some booties and mittens.
    The thing is, I've only just moved here, like in the past month or so. And I accidently sent this package to my neighbor. Who doesn't know my name. I'm panicing a little, do I just ignore it, and hope to hell that who ever doesn't accept the parcel? Do I knock on and hope to hell that they haven't opened it?

What do I do? WHAT DO I DO?!!

DominatingMommy

So, has it been delivered yet? If they've opened it, just tell them that it's something for a family member. Since I'm disabled I can say this...pull the disability card. :P Tell them those are for a nephew or something.

I would like to think that most people wouldn't open a random package addressed to someone else, but it depends what sort of people your neighbours are...

Can't you just knock on their door, explain who you are and then say that you accidentally typo'd their address instead of yours on this order, and you'd owe them a huge fvaour if they could just drop it off on your porch or sling it round the back or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Raos View Post
    Can't you just knock on their door, explain who you are and then say that you accidentally typo'd their address instead of yours on this order, and you'd owe them a huge fvaour if they could just drop it off on your porch or sling it round the back or something?

This. Its a simple problem woth a simple solution. No need to over complicate things because its baby items.

Peachy

Go over, introduce yourself, and tell them about your mistake. Shouldn't be too hard for him to hold the packages for you until you arrive to pick them up, and most halfway decent people won't open other people's packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Go over, introduce yourself, and tell them about your mistake. Shouldn't be too hard for him to hold the packages for you until you arrive to pick them up, and most halfway decent people won't open other people's packages.
    Conventional wisdom seems to be on target, here.

I agree with talking peach.

I agree