Thread: Death Note: The Live Action Movie

Default Death Note: The Live Action Movie

Well I just got back from the movies seeing Death Note which is based of a manga in japan. In it a college age student is upset the criminals of the world are getting let off by the arm of the law due to "red tape" and all. So one night he finds a Death Note a note book in which who's ever name is written into it dies.He uses it to kill criminals and the japan national cops or something like that are wondering why all these criminals are dying. They launch a investigation and from there on the movie its REALLY good.

The movie is made in japan and was spoken in japan but for the VERY VERY limited two night only release with Fathom Events they dub in new audio. The audio and the lips did not exactly match but you have to forgive them for it. In any case its a great movie and the ending is very nice.

You can still catch the movie maybe if the movies around you were decided to show the movie. The last and final showing is Wednesday may 21st at 7:30 pm for all time zones. This has been the best movie I seen this year.

I just went to see it tonight as well. The dubbing was funny, but I think the movie was pretty good. (even though some things were changed)

I really really really wanna go but my parents won't let me .

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I just went to see it tonight as well. The dubbing was funny, but I think the movie was pretty good. (even though some things were changed)

I presume (or at least like to believe) some plot lines were changed to give a more original experience seeing the manga already had an anime series that strictly followed the story written by Tsugumi Ohba. My cinema isn't screening the movie which is a shame but I'll likely buy the DVD in July.

I've very surprised they release the movie here. For those of you that don't know, There were two filmed in japan.

I wateched the subbed Japanese version...After watching all of the DN series, it wasn't that great compared to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    I've very surprised they release the movie here. For those of you that don't know, There were two filmed in japan.
    I know theres two movies that mention that during the making of feature they show after the ending credits of Death Note. The one they showed does leave off on a cliffhanger and you left wanting to see part 2.

Also Kenshin theres nothing bad in the film at all you can't see in a PG 13 film. Its not rated but I swear the worst thing I saw/heard in there was the S word and that was once in a comedy way. Anyways you can find it on bit torrent if you really want to.