Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inhuman

Default Inhuman

I want to apologize in advance for being slightly vague.

There is something about me that is missing. I have tried to talk to people about this, and no one can relate to it. That includes people in my life, people I have met via the internet, both within and outside the AB community. I feel like this missing aspect of myself makes me less human. I am afraid that this missing piece of the puzzle will soon have serious negative consequences on my life, and I don't know what to do. I am not looking for advice, I know that would be difficult to get without specifying what I am talking about. I just needed to vent. I am scared.

That was very vague indeed. Venting is nice, but if you try to explain it there might be someone here that could help. You said you're not looking for advise, but this is a support community. It's kind of our thing. So please, for our sake, explain a little more so we can help.

I agree with link.
    If perhaps you could compare yourself to others then maybe you can find out what you think you are lacking.

But if it makes you feel any better I was once in the same boat. Sorta kinda. I don't feel totally human either.
    But I can fake it. *shot*

.......I am afraid to talk about it.

I do not like sex. At all. The thought of it makes my skin crawl.

If that is it, then I don't know what there is all to worry about. Everybody has different takes towards sex and if you find it completely repulsive then that's you. No harm done there.

Psssssst, that's all?

As a fellow asexual, let me assure you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and point you in the direction of AVEN.

Really? That's it?
    That's nothing to upset about!

It just means you're Asexual. NutFreeFruitcake posted a link already.
    You should go there.

Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    .......I am afraid to talk about it.

I do not like sex. At all. The thought of it makes my skin crawl.
    Psha, trust me you're not alone on that. It's called asexuality and nutfreefruitcake sent you an amazing link about it. I am an open Asexual, and the only crap I've ever gotten were these middle school kids that I bumped into while skiing who said I was gay for not liking girls. They were idiots and their ignorant opinions only gave me a more positive outlook on being asexual. It's not a big deal, and no one is going to treat you any differently because of it.

I don't think I am asexual. I am certain that whatever the issue is, it's something psychological. I would not say I am repulsed by sex, more so that I am disinterested, and the fact that I have an indescribable sense of guilt associated with sexual activity, especially masturbation. I was not a willing participant in the experience that was my introduction to sex, nor was I old enough. I need to deal with this, I am getting married soon.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Thanks for posting that link. I just read that site, and I am even more certain that is not me. I wish i could better describe what the problem is. THis is really scary to me. I feel like I as though I am missing something.

I would not say I am repulsed by sex [...] and the fact that I have an indescribable sense of guilt associated with sexual activity, especially masturbation.
    You're Catholic?

I was not a willing participant in the experience that was my introduction to sex, nor was I old enough.
    Uh-oh. We can take this off-public-view if you'd like, but the gist is, "Seek help here. This is not a good sign, and may come to haunt you in ways you cannot even imagine yet."

I need to deal with this, I am getting married soon.
    Hold on. Does your fiancée know? If so ... she should be patient enough to wait for you and understand that this is something that will be best taken very slowly. Indeed, at some point, it would be a reasonable idea to pull her into the session with the psychologist (and have a group session or two), when rapport is established and when you are ready.