• Halo Books? Yes

1 12.50%
  • Halo Books? No

5 62.50%
  • The Halo Movie? Yes

3 37.50%
  • The Halo Movie? No

3 37.50%
  • Halo The Movie WILL BE AWESOME AND ILL SEE IT OPENING DAY!!

3 37.50%
  • not into halo

3 37.50%
  • not into halo, because im a n00b

0 0%
  • I Am Into Halo. it is awesome

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More of the Halo trilogy???|talk of the movie/new games/even Books???

Default More of the Halo trilogy???|talk of the movie/new games/even Books???

I know Halo Wars is coming out.
    The movie in 2009.
    isnt that it.
    Or are there gonna be Prequel(s).
    Halo Chronicles???
    please post your comments and links HERE.

There may be a prequel to it...The movie has been on hiatus for a while now...Halo Wars will just be a RTS (real time strategy), which I'm not interested in...

i was never that into halo, but i wouldn't mind seeing a movie (if it's better than the 'doom' movie). i'm not a movie buff, but i'd get it on dvd if i had the chance.
    as far as more games, books, merchandise, etc. i think they would be stretching it thin. i think a game that started and ended the way it did is good and to soak up more dollars than it's worth would be a shame to master chief and bungie as a whole.

I'll probably end up checking out the Halo movie if/when it comes out. Supposedly Peter Jackson is going to have a hand in it somehow (I can't remember - I think maybe as Producer or something) - so there could be a nice bit of quality there. Video-game based movies though generally suck. The only one that wasn't horrible that I can think of is maybe Silent Hill.

But anyway... yeah Halo Wars is an RTS that I could care less for... I'm not a big RTS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jake View Post
    I'll probably end up checking out the Halo movie if/when it comes out. Supposedly Peter Jackson is going to have a hand in it somehow (I can't remember - I think maybe as Producer or something) - so there could be a nice bit of quality there. Video-game based movies though generally suck. The only one that wasn't horrible that I can think of is maybe Silent Hill.

But anyway... yeah Halo Wars is an RTS that I could care less for... I'm not a big RTS fan.
    Peter Jackson stepped out of the project removing himself from the whole process he has nothing to do with it now. Thats what i been hearing for like months now. I think the movie was canned too. Either way FPS games are not known for good plot lines. The best plot line in a FPS I seen is half life and even then your still wondering how did this and this and that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Peter Jackson stepped out of the project removing himself from the whole process he has nothing to do with it now. Thats what i been hearing for like months now. I think the movie was canned too. Either way FPS games are not known for good plot lines. The best plot line in a FPS I seen is half life and even then your still wondering how did this and this and that happen.
    I think he's back in...There are things planned called PeterJackson Halo Project...And it's not the movie...

Man, I think I might be the only one who really, really loved -- and I mean loved the DooM movie. I thought it was an absolutely outstanding game-to-movie and drew forth from all of the really obscure series lore back from '92, '93.

As for Halo, I think I'm Haloed out -- there could be no movie, no more games, and I could care less. I thought the ending(s) of the third game were trite, and I thought that the hype over the third game was absolutely needless given that, to me, it played like nothing more than a dated, already-done shooter.

Xbox and Microsoft need to find something more "modern" to be their central marketing focus now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    Man, I think I might be the only one who really, really loved -- and I mean loved the DooM movie. I thought it was an absolutely outstanding game-to-movie and drew forth from all of the really obscure series lore back from '92, '93.

As for Halo, I think I'm Haloed out -- there could be no movie, no more games, and I could care less. I thought the ending(s) of the third game were trite, and I thought that the hype over the third game was absolutely needless given that, to me, it played like nothing more than a dated, already-done shooter.

Xbox and Microsoft need to find something more "modern" to be their central marketing focus now.

Doom was ok...It could have been a lot better...The first person part was good...

I'm glad to hear that you liked the first-person part of the movie, Pojo! A lot of people seemed to hate that part, especially. I thought that part was so much fun!

Darkfinn

Eh... leave Halo as a video game. Just b/c resident evil pulled it off doesn't mean Halo can.

1st Halo game... excellent
    2nd Halo... really good
    3rd Halo... bleh... sucked.