Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightmares

Default Nightmares

When I was a little kid and I had a nightmare, my dad would let me stay up to watch a disney movie. I still do that. When you were little, how did YOU deal with nightmares, and how do you deal with them now?

I usually just go back to sleep, or maybe turn on the TV in my room for a few minutes.

TeenbabyTOM

i would have my bedrrom light on

I used to be such a wimp, so I'd call out to one of my parents. They'd be all like; 'What? Bad dream, it can't hurt you, calm down, think happy thoughts, much hugs, go to sleep'. It worked too o.o; Also, I'd draw soft toys closer for some kind of spiritual protection.

Now? I keep plushies handy. Or I meditate on it and break down the reasons it can't exist/won't happen/can't hurt me until the fear disappears. Thankfully, that works most of the time.

when i was really little i didnt really have nightmares but as i started to get older i used to get them about things that had happened in the past... i used to just sit on my bed cuddling my teddy bear tilll i felt safe or wish that they would just go away, when i finally brought a dummy and bottle i used to use them and they would work as it made me felt safe and little again..

I leave my tv on at night at a low volume and have at least one or more plushies. The worst thing is me running down the hallway room to room at like anywhere past 11 PM.. I don't feel safe until after I get to the room I want, so I am so going to trip one night.. <_>

Quote Originally Posted by Raos View Post
    I used to be such a wimp, so I'd call out to one of my parents. They'd be all like; 'What? Bad dream, it can't hurt you, calm down, think happy thoughts, much hugs, go to sleep'. It worked too o.o; Also, I'd draw soft toys closer for some kind of spiritual protection.

Now? I keep plushies handy. Or I meditate on it and break down the reasons it can't exist/won't happen/can't hurt me until the fear disappears. Thankfully, that works most of the time.
    Lol I had that, like exactly.
    I was often handed more teddies from my room (because lets face it, unless the nightmare (i hated spiders as a kid) was in the bed you arent getting out) as reinforcements.

Mk12121

Whenever that happens, I might turn on the TV for a few minutes until I feel better, or if that doesn't work I turn on a small light. But hugging my stuffed bear and blanky makes me always feel good!

Miku

When I used to have nightmares (which was rare) I would wake up and go back to sleep. Now, I don't even have them.

I usually went to my mama and daddy and slept with them... but after a few years nightmares didn't bother me anymore.