Thread: How to get caught red handed (and get away with it)

Default How to get caught red handed (and get away with it)

So yeah, I just got caught. Kind of. I ordered some samples from Providers Choice almost a month ago. They ran out of stock, then sent me an email that they had shipped them. I was really hoping the mail would be late by a day or two. But no such luck. My father walked into my room about 15 minutes ago and goes, "Did you get a package for 'G. Y.'?" and I'm thinking, 'Oh ****. Yup...Package for Grizwald Yue...'. He thought it was for my neighbor (who is extremely old), and I told him it was a joke name I used with one of my strange friends. They know this friend, but he moved away in January, so they've met him and they know he's strange. So, I convined my father that my friend had sent them to me because he wouldn't ****ing leave.

My advice for the younger users here is always have a scapegoat. A believable one. Also, laugh with them. Have a good time.

Lastly, god I need to start being more careful. Can't have too many screw ups like this or they might actually figure something out. Too easy.

--Grizzy

Yeah, I used that one when my mother intercepted a sample of Tranquility ATNs. Although, it had *my* name on it. I never thought to use a false name.

Close Call Grizzy :S.

What i will use if i ever get caught is "Im having a prank war with my friend, those are my stock to get him with. we are trying to get each other in embarasing situations"

Then hopefully that should get them to shrug it off :P..

Snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    What i will use if i ever get caught is "Im having a prank war with my friend, those are my stock to get him with. we are trying to get each other in embarasing situations"
    Prank is a bad idea. "A friend" also needs a name, soooo...Make sure you have one. Skapegoats are my favorite animals

I also put Current Resident as my name when I order samples. It usually works. I do wonder what my parents think when they get something addressed to Current Resident that says something like "Here's the free sample you requested!" somewhere else on the package...

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    I also put Current Resident as my name when I order samples. It usually works. I do wonder what my parents think when they get something addressed to Current Resident that says something like "Here's the free sample you requested!" somewhere else on the package...
    I get crap in the mail all the time saying "Here is the random crap (credit card offers, usually) that you requested" But alas, I don't need any more credit, so obviously I'm not the one requesting it.

Dwhite

I always use "Current resident." It worked that they got to the mailbox before i did