Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: doubling diapers

Default doubling diapers

any one doubles diapers
    like abeana xpluses
    or triples
    or quads?????????????????

I double if I am going to something like a movie and I know I am going to be drinking pop. The stuff just goes right through me. My normal diapering for a movie is, a Tranquility ATN, with a Walgreen's Ultra plus pad. These pads fit in between the ATN's leg gathers. Then over the ATN I wear a Tena super. The Tena has no leg gathers and is quite wide, so it fits neatly over the ATN. The Tena is also one of those cloth covered type and is a bit quieter. Over all of these I wear a womens control top pantie. This compresses the diapers a bit, but also greatly reduces the noise. They also keep the diapers from sagging when full. I could also wear some sort of spandex/Lycra bike short, but the panties seem easier to find for me and they don't have legs like a pair of shorts would. I then top the whole thing off with some nice plastic pants from Fetware to keep any leaks in.

cpndl

Quote Originally Posted by cpndl View Post
    I double if I am going to something like a movie and I know I am going to be drinking pop. The stuff just goes right through me. My normal diapering for a movie is, a Tranquility ATN, with a Walgreen's Ultra plus pad. These pads fit in between the ATN's leg gathers. Then over the ATN I wear a Tena super. The Tena has no leg gathers and is quite wide, so it fits neatly over the ATN. The Tena is also one of those cloth covered type and is a bit quieter. Over all of these I wear a womens control top pantie. This compresses the diapers a bit, but also greatly reduces the noise. They also keep the diapers from sagging when full. I could also wear some sort of spandex/Lycra bike short, but the panties seem easier to find for me and they don't have legs like a pair of shorts would. I then top the whole thing off with some nice plastic pants from Fetware to keep any leaks in.

cpndl

And none of that is obvious to anyone else?

I wore two X-plus once it was extremely thick though I am sure you would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    And none of that is obvious to anyone else?

Lets just say I have a body shape that pretty much hides any bulges "below" the belt line because of bulges above the belt line. A pair of pants that are a little baggier and I can hardly even tell looking in a mirror. Maybe we should start a picture thread "wearing, or not wearing" Someone posts a picture and we get to guess if the person is wearing a diaper or not.

cpndl

Quote Originally Posted by betagame View Post
    any one doubles diapers
    like abeana xpluses
    or triples
    or quads?????????????????
    What? Yes, I'm sure people double up.

They do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most definitely YES! I really enjoy extra thickness for around the house. Before I was able to get the better quality diapers, I routinely doubled or tripled Depends fitted briefs. If the tapes quite working, duct tape quickly resolved the problem. However, most of the time, I find that using only one diaper at a time is the best idea. Well, enough with my introduction.

Before I continue any further, some things must be said. The following information is a description of what I have done in the past. I do not recommend anything beyond two layers. Anything above one is a waste. Use caution when trying anything new. If it is painful or causes the skin to change colors, stop immediately and remove all layers. Blue is bad! Please check both legs for skin color changes often. A major vein enters the leg right were the leg opening of most diapers comes into conctact with the leg. The diaper layers can easily restrict this vital blood supply. In extreme cases, someone could loose a leg.

For multiple layers, a few things must be kept in mind. First, the outer layers will not fit the same as the inner layers. As the padding gets thicker, each layer will have the tapes in a different location. Any diaper with the two piece tape system should never be used for anything other than the first layer. This is because the tapes will not properly accommodate retaping as the first layer. Second, the extra layers will only provide extra thickness. No more than two layers can be used to extend the wear time. Third, each layer is under some tension. Each additional layer will add to the tension already present. At some point, the tension will be great enough to cause bruises. In my experience, this is three Depends briefs. Four or more has the risk of actually cutting into the skin around the leg openings. Fourth and last, each layer will compress the padding. Every layer will reduce the allowed expansion of the inner-most layer. The lack of expansion will substantially increase the possibility of leaks. The diaper requires expansion for full capacity. Also, any fluid entering the diaper may be forced out before the padding can absorb it. With reduced capacity and limited space for fluid. leaks are extremely likely. Additionally, the inner layer will try to expand inward. This pressure can get painful in such a sensitive area. At this point, most people should consider multiple layers a bad idea.

In the next few paragraphs, I shall describe my experience with doubling and anything beyond that. The final paragraph will describe the good methods to extra layers.

For doubling diapers, there is two methods. One is to simply place one diaper over another. This will decrease wear time some. How much varies greatly from diaper to diaper. Only your experience will show how much is changed. The other method is to perforate the inner diaper to allow the outer one to accept the excess. I have tried many different variations for this, but stopped doing this after discovering better diapers. The best method is to cut slits into the plastic backing to extend the wear time. Almost the entire padded area must be swiss cheese for this to work at all. Each slit has to be about a quarter to half inch in length. Only the plastic covering the padded area should be cut. Additionally, do not cut within 3 inches (10 cm) of the waistband. The wings must remain uncut. These precautions will allow the diaper to be fitted correctly to prevent leaks. Five rows of slits from front to back spaced a half inch apart will work. Each slit should be within about a half inch from the next one. Total number of holes is about 5 X 20-25 (Up to 100 holes). To do this properly, it should take several minutes. However, this has the same problems as mentioned above, plus some more. The fluid will not be able to transfer to the outer diaper well enough to even come close to using its capacity. Once the inner diaper is at capacity, it will stay very damp against the skin and may cause a rash. Also, the inner diaper will leak the absorbent polymer stuff into the outer diaper. This poly stuff could end up completely leaving the diaper area. When removed, the inner diaper must be rolled up in the outer one to prevent the contents from leaking further. This will be a huge, awkward mess. In summary, in exchange for a marginal increase in wear time, one must put up with more prep time, a huge mess, and a greater chance for a diaper rash.

Anything more than two will exponentially increase what must be kept in mind from above. Three layers of diapers will ruin the holding capacity. Any attempt to cut two layers of diapers will result in disaster long before the third one barely gets wet. In my experience, three layers held less than the two layers. Yes, I enjoy a really thick diaper, but this is not a good method to achieve this. Five Depends fitted briefs is the most that I tried. The thickness was very nice! However, this was a horrible idea. The padding was so compressed that anything above a slow trickle caused a leak immediately. The diaper absorbency was so low that not even a quarter of one normal wetting could be absorbed. After only about a half an hour, the leg openings had left welts that stayed tender for close to a week. Again, any more than one diaper at a time is not a good idea.

Oh, now for the good ideas! The pull-up style can be doubled up just fine. Most are only good for one wetting anyway, and the extra layer may come in handy. Once the inner layer is used, it may be removed easily. This will allow for a very quick and discrete diaper change since the new one is already in place. I do this when I am very concerned about needing to change in public restrooms and do not want to carry an extra diaper with me. This will also allow normal restroom use without having to worry about tapes. Another use for these is to wear over a normal diaper such as the Tranquillity ATN. The pull-up worn over the normal diaper will snug up the waisteband, help the tapes to stay in place, and add a little bit of thickness. The Tena brand underwear does not noticeably affect the absorbency for me. For the ultimate in absorbency and thickness, nothing is better than cloth. This is the only way to have three layers work well! I have a few night time ones in my size. Three of these will keep me well padded, dry, and happy for hours. To reduce laundry, a good quality disposable may be worn underneath a pair of the cloth ones. This will maintain the absorbency of the disposable and add the thickness of cloth.

Be safe and stay padded!

I have doubled diapers. It can work really well actually, and can be a lot of fun. I don't do it often, but I definitely have.

I did it by slicing down the middle of the first diaper, and wearing a diaper over it so that it doubled the absorbency. Nothing too complicated or epic.

Peachy

I don't really like to double diapers - I consider it a waste of material. I'd rather use the first diaper to capacity and then change into the second one. It's also easier on the skin as you get the opportunity to wipe off excess moisture before putting on a second diaper.

Peachy