Thread: Peach season

Default Peach season

Perfect time to get peaches is right now. I bought a basket yesterday, let them ripen overnight on the counter, and finished them all off today. They're probably my favourite fruit. When it isn't peach season, I get canned peaches and buy peach smoothies.

Join me in celebration of the most delicious of all fruits! How do you eat them? Personally, I rip the skin off with my teeth and then feast on the juicy innards.

Loopygone

I just munch them. Not my fave through, I prefer a nice juicy Plum me self

Peachy

I bought some of those fancy farmers peaches that look like someone stomped on a real peach. I shall take a picture of one one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I bought some of those fancy farmers peaches that look like someone stomped on a real peach. I shall take a picture of one one of these days.
    My family just got a whole basket of those from our farmer's market last week.
    They were really good, we ate the whole basket of peaches in two days.

I've had a recipe for Baltimore-style peach cake for years I've always wanted to try out. It's a bakery recipe written up by a retired baker that was in a newspaper article I saw back in The Baltimore Sun around 1984. Seems as though peach cake is a Baltimore tradition and seldom found outside the metro area. I tried getting some at a bakery just 70 miles down the road in southern MD and the bakery employee looked at me like I had two heads! She said they had peach pie, but had no idea what peach cake was. I'll have to dig the recipe out and post it if any ADISC cooks would like to give it a try.

~Pramrider

secretdl26

We had peaches and chocolate ice cream a while back.

There's some delicious looking nectarines on my counter that I think I might eat soon.

R134A

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Aren't you mad that someone stomped on some of your relatives Peachy? XD I'm joking with ya.

I have some peaches in the fridge. This thread makes me want to eat some now.

Oh wait. I think I'll just eat Peachy there in the avatar. XD

I've already got 2 crates of peaches.
    I LOVE peaches :3

I'll just munch on them, skin on, or make peachy sauce.