Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to order some good diapers!

Default I want to order some good diapers!

Well I got a 50$ MasterCard giftcard and I think I've got enough gumption to order some good diapers. My first question is: if I order a pack of diapers how big are they in a box?
    I've been looking at bambinos but they are 2$ a diaper compared to other good ones. Any other suggestions?
    I've heard that xp medical is a great discreet place to order through, how is bambino?

How long do they tend to take to ship to the midwest on average?

I'm looking for a high absorbency diaper with plastic backing. a good taping system, and leak guards if possible.

If I can think of any other questions I will definetly ask.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Dakota13; 12-Aug-2010 at 01:00.

Molicare super plus is my personal favorite, although Bambinos may replace them (The fit is better but the wicking is nowhere near as good).

A pack of bambinos is only 8 diapers, I just measured an unopened pack and it's 10" (height) x 8" (width) x 6" (depth).

A pack of Molicares is 12 diapers and the pack is proportionally bigger.

You could go with Abena X-PLUS as well, they are really probably the best absorabancy wise, although I found they didn't fit me as well as the molicares or bambinos.

I don't know about shipping where you are, 3 or 4 days probably.

You're going to get a wide variety of recommendations unless you narrow things down a bit for us. Things like leakproofness, low cost, discreteness, thickness, swelling, capacity, wetness/no indicator, babyish/plain print, pullup/tapes (cloth/plastic?) or folded cloth, let us know your top few priorities so we can point you in the right direction. Otherwise a lot of people will be recommending their personal favorite, which may not be what you're looking for.

$50 should get you a good stash.

Bambino caters specially to DL's, they have extremely discrete shipping (AND discrete billing)

The diapers already mentioned i would recommend. However when i ordered mine from amazon, while the pack itself was about the size of my computer processor (I dont know the dimensions) the box was extremely larger due to packing bags. As to why they decided diapers need shipping protection, I will never know.

xpmedical has abena xplus, and from experience it's in a plain brown box, and they don't really put any padding (diapers are all padding after all...) and my gosh are they thick. They're very easy to deal with too, and discreet.

Abena X-Plus on XP Medical

I'm 6"2' and I can't touch my knees together if I have two on.

They're awesome, but I warn ya, once you go thick, you never go back! =P

sidenote: (I'm new and if there are rules against posting to sites like that, I apologize. I figure it'd be a good thing for this post specifically, and it's the site I always go through.)

Quote Originally Posted by babyloki View Post
    and my gosh are they thick. They're very easy to deal with too, and discreet.
    Thick and discrete? Usually those are opposites? or you mean quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Thick and discrete? Usually those are opposites? or you mean quiet?
    I think he means that the shipping is discreet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota13 View Post
    Well I got a 50$ MasterCard giftcard and I think I've got enough gumption to order some good diapers. My first question is: if I order a pack of diapers how big are they in a box?
    It really depends on the diaper, size and quantity you order. A pack of small Tranquility ATN's is going to be a lot smaller than a case of Abri-form X-Plus.

I've been looking at bambinos but they are 2$ a diaper compared to other good ones. Any other suggestions?
    I've heard that xp medical is a great discreet place to order through, how is bambino?[/QUOTE]

Bambino's are a great diaper. Ordering an entire case of diapers can really reduce the cost per diaper. Other diapers you may want to try are: Tranquility ATN's, Abriform X-plus, Molicare Super Plus, Secure X-plus (same as Bambino,) Unique Wellness, Provider's Choice Active Ultra Plus and some others.

How long do they tend to take to ship to the midwest on average?
    Use the shipping calculators on the FedEx and UPS sites to estimate shipping times. You also need to consider it may take a day or two for the shipper to actually package and have the order picked up by the carrier.

I'm looking for a high absorbency diaper with plastic backing. a good taping system, and leak guards if possible.
    All the diapers I mentioned above fit this criteria.

If I can think of any other questions I will definetly ask.

Thanks for the help
    The more details you give us the more members here can help. Amazon is also a good place to order packs of diapers. They have a pretty good selection, come in an Amazon box, and if you are a student you may qualify for a free Amazon Prime membership which gives you free 2 day shipping on Amazon sold products. (not 3rd party though)

the best diapers I ever tried are Abena X=plus or either printed bambino diapers. However all 3 bambino diapers are roughly the same judging from pictures, videos and reviews.

I would recommend bambino more then X-plus due to design and they are slightly less thick which is good for discreteness.